account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

IFA 2018 press conference

Message 41 of 65
Message 41 of 65

Re: IFA 2018 press conference

@nolramlb wrote:

Xperia XZ2 Premium vs Xperia XZ3

very hard choice... 

giphy.gif

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 42 of 65
Message 42 of 65

@nolramlb

That's quite a conundrum XZ3 or XZ2 Premium, If you take a lot of photos and record a lot of videos then XZ2 Premium seems like a better option, if you are more on instagram, youtube, streaming services the XZ3 might be the best fit. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 43 of 65
Message 43 of 65

Coming from using multiple phones in the past with HDMI/MHC or USB-C AltDisplayMode - when I got the Xperia XZ I was disappointed, tremendously that I couldn't connect my phone to my Sony MP-CL1 projector.  This was super useful for trips and camping.  I actually still have a functioning Microsoft Lumia 950XL that I use for this purpose since the Xperia can't.  Chromecast doesn't work when there's no WiFi or when I'm in a hotel room where the WiFi has a login page.  What's also frustrating is the CL1's wireless mirroring isn't very stable, and it tends to stop every 20-30 minutes or so.  Wired has only been the only option in these scenarios.

This pattern has continued with all future XZ phones.  So, now here we are with at proposed $900 flagship phone.  Bells, whistles, better pictures, larger screen & battery, blah blah... but can I connect it to a HDMI port?   Otherwise, there are both cheaper and more expensive phones that can.  I've been waiting this long for Sony Mobile to get together with the rest of Sony's divisons to provide cross-device functionality with their own products (TVs, Projectors, Receivers).  

like my XZ.  I like regular monthly updates to Android.  I like Sony's Android Developer Support. I want to be in that ecosystem.  Unfortunately for me, if none of Sony's mobile phones can provide this one feature, then as my almost 3 year old XZ ages out, I won't be buying Sony.  Which is *so* sad because I like Sony's products.. and I have so many of them (projectors, phone, headphones, PS4/3/2/1, TVs, receivers..).  

I sincerely hope they have HDMI on this model or the next one.  

Forum Legend
Message 44 of 65
Message 44 of 65

@uliwooly

Well that's one way to put it.. But I think I'm leaning more on Xperia Xz2 premium... It seems Xz3 is still experimental to me.. Lol

Imagine me an Xperia compact phone loving user going for the Xperia beast. Haha

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
One time poster
Message 45 of 65
Message 45 of 65

SONY already support HDMI outport by displayport device.

Just buy an displayport device.

Commissioner
Message 46 of 65
Message 46 of 65

If say honest i living these days without technologies (myabe some news reading, but it's less of it), all attentions in others things, so i missed this press conference, just at this moments a little bit checked (i don't have time to watch all right now), so a little bit sadly. But as i saw Aibo (which i know from past reviews and shows) looks pretty funny and nice, PS4 is in dreams to buy, but... i'm not a big gamer, only big fan og GTA, FIFA and NBA. About XZ3 i heard first time right now, saw a little bit - looks amazing, impressive and as always is great, but design is not new, which was criticized by fans. On paper? 6"0 is good (i have right now 6'0 model, so i'm loved this size), Octa-core (4x2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4x1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver) is good, but only 64 GB, 4 GB RAM? Come on, all these flagships have 6GB RAM and much more phone memory. Video only 1080p@30fps ??? It's not mistake? Where is 4K? My old C5 Ultra Dual doing 1080p@30fps video records, this is 2018 flagship... need 4K. Battery only Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery? Chinese smartphones have much more giggers (for example years model by EISA Huawei P20 Pro), so need bigger... To charge smartphone twice in day is not big pleasure... Others things looks like usually... I had chance to test Huawei P20 Pro camera, doing photos very fast, good and pleasure to use it. Why Sony don't learning from theirs mistakes which fixing others manufators and becaming years models? Slightly smiling Face A little bit dissapoined, coz from Sony i wnat more. In this way which going Sony with smartphones, i don't think that will be leading quickly. If say honest i'm big fan of Sony and always trying to buy just Sony products, but these days, years and ect i a little bit more seeing in Samsungs and Huawei models... They looks impressive, have good psecifications and features. Sony it's like stuck in time and don't going forward Slightly frowning Face From manufators which i love i want more... I want to proud that i'm Sony costumer, but i can't... untill Sony will not back to leading market Slightly smiling Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Message 47 of 65
Message 47 of 65

@EUPHORIC if you take a minute to check the phone's specs, you'll see that it can record video in 4K HDR https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-xz3/specifications/

Commissioner
Message 48 of 65
Message 48 of 65

@najodleglejszy wrote:

@EUPHORIC if you take a minute to check the phone's specs, you'll see that it can record video in 4K HDR https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-xz3/specifications/

Sorry, looks like GSM Arena missed this information too :-) Thanks for correct me. Bu anyway XZ3 will not be on top. In specifications there is no nothing special, who havn't others, some of them better at all features and ect. I liked sensity sides touch, looks great, always on display at last in Sony smartphone, curved design looks cool, i liked from Samsung S7, but this is not something new and special. Samsung already long time ago have curved design, always on display and ect. If XZ2 Premium have vibration sound, what was cool, so this model for me looks the same as XZ2 Premium, only with new operating system and some small changed design in it or sensitive touch in sides. Maybe i missed something, need to saw a little more, but first impressive is like this. I don't say never Sony again, i like Sony, but i think need to wait next model.

UPDATES (2018.09.02): This is true or just rumors - https://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-smartphone-business-closing-down-regions_id106135?  Slightly frowning Face  Crying Face  Thinking Face  I hope it's not, i mean i hope in all Europe (included my region) will not close. Maybe Sony is did not with XZ3 nothing new and special where can i say WOOOOW... But Sony is still my favourite manufactor (included mobile section) Slightly frowning Face Anybody knows about that something?

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Enthusiast
Message 49 of 65
Message 49 of 65

I really don't see 4gb ram as an issue regardless of price or what the competition does. My Xperia X used to fly on less even after several significant software updates. Sony software may not be perfect but their ram management is something I can't fault

Commissioner
Message 50 of 65
Message 50 of 65

@John1981 wrote:

I really don't see 4gb ram as an issue regardless of price or what the competition does. My Xperia X used to fly on less even after several significant software updates. Sony software may not be perfect but their ram management is something I can't fault

If you want to be in the top of leading manufactors, you must add the best features in yours products like smartphones. Huawei P20 Pro, Samsung S9 Note and ect., created models with 6GB, Sony released second model with only 4GB. It's step forward, these days apps and newest games require powerfull smartphones, a lot of memories, costumers wants good camera and ect. I have Xperia C5 Ultra which have only 2GB ram. I understand how important is ram memory, when was released some new games. At all think as costumer why i must buy smartphone with 4GB if with almost the same price is with 6GB.