account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Scavenger Hunt Game!

SOLVED
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 1 of 30
Message 1 of 30

Community Scavenger Hunt Game!

streck.pngxKHMKCXxperiazxpremium.png

mark.png Community Scavenger Hunt Game!

Hey Everyone! We have been thinking long an hard in order to come up with a creative, but also fun game which everyone can participate in; and here it is – the scavenger hunt!

Well then, what is a scavenger hunt? The point of the game is to find 5 different codes using clues, which then are to be stitched together in order to create one large code. Simple, right? Not quite! Each of the clues are a challenge in their own right, so you will have to muster and bring forth your inner detective, product knowledge and creativity in order to be the first to finish!

The source for all product specifications and features is our Global Sony Mobile website, so feel free to use our website as a resource (it’s actually a requirement) in order to solve clues! thumbs up

Feel free to collaborate with other users in order to solve the clues in the thread, but at the same time keep in mind that the there can only be one winner!

streck.png
1198-200.png  How do you complete the game?

The first user to comment the correct code will receive a special badge next to their username which shows that they are the winner of our game. The user will be able to show off their victory until the next game (yes, that’s right – there will be more!) where a new winner (or same?!) is chosen.

Write the final code in a post in this thread in the following format:
XX-XX-XX-XX-XX. As there are 5 clues, there are 5 codes to be found. Separate these with ”-”, but note that not all are necessarily 2 symbols as in the example.

1st.pngLet’s get started with the first clue! Well, the first clue has actually already been written in this post. Can you find it, and if so, were you able to solve it and get your hands on the first code?

2nd.png

In the spoiler you will find a cropped photo taken from our global website, the code to be taken from this clue are the initials of the app featured in the photo.

Spoiler
Namnlös.png

3rd.png

As you may know, we write out a motto for each device on our website product page. The code to be taken from this clue is the front camera MP of the device which has a motto that is described by the following image:
Yokohama.png

4th.png

How thin is the thinnest Xperia device (not counting accessories) in millimetres? 

swr12.png

Down to the fifth and final clue! If you made it this far, good work!
All you need  in order to complete the final code is the width.

streck.png
Good luck everyone!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 30 of 30
Message 30 of 30

Re: Community Scavenger Hunt Game!

@viridis Won, congratulations!

To summarize the code from each clue:
1. At the top of the page there is the string "xKHMKCX" written in the same font color as the background, if you Google this, you end up on an imgur link with a code in the bottom left of the page.
2. The cropped photo is taken from here and is movie creator
https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/apps-services/photo-video/
3. The image represents a night shot from Japan with a lot of lights, so it fits in with "Make your nights shine" which is the motto for Xperia XA Ultra
4. The Z4 Tablet is the thinnest Xperia device
5. This one was the clue which most users found the hardest, but simply hover your mouse over the "Fifth clue" image and it says SWR12.png, so the width of the accessory.

Until next time!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

29 REPLIES
Message 2 of 30
Message 2 of 30

xKHMKCX-MC-16-6.1-254

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 30
Message 3 of 30

I will keep monitoring the thread and let you know whenever someone has won, so I unfortunately won't be commenting each entry. No one has won yet. smile happy 

Genius
Message 4 of 30
Message 4 of 30

I have two theories here, but I'll post just one!

xKHMKCX-MC-5-6.1-254

It's not copied and I can explain how and why codes and numbers smile happy

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos smile happy

Wizardry is the key!
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 30
Message 5 of 30

@YoGem Nope! smile happy

Emperor
Message 6 of 30
Message 6 of 30

xKHMKCX-XC-5.1-6.1-254

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Genius
Message 7 of 30
Message 7 of 30

Ok so:

xKHMKCX.jpgFirst piece of the CODE

https://i.imgur.com/xKHMKCX.jpg-MC-5-6.1-254

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos smile happy

Wizardry is the key!
Message 8 of 30
Message 8 of 30

https://i.imgur.com/xKHMKCX.jpg-MC-5-6.1-2560

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 30
Message 9 of 30

No one has got the final code right yet! smile happy

Message 10 of 30
Message 10 of 30

2i-mc-16-6.1-254