account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

x compact can't connect to camera - aosp 6.0.1 and 7.0

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

x compact can't connect to camera - aosp 6.0.1 and 7.0

hi, I built both aosp 6.0.1 and 7.0 and with both of them I can not start/use camera. Starting the camera app results in black app window and then app crashes with error message "can't connect to the camera". I do not have much clue what could be going on, the best I could so far is to capture the dmesg log for the time of start and crash of the camera app. (I tried also other camera apps with the same result) http://pastebin.com/4tTLK80A

thank you for help

16 REPLIES 16
Developer World
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: x compact can't connect to camera - aosp 6.0.1 and 7.0

Hi,

i tested all 3 Android 6.0.1, Android 7.0 and Android 7.1 and camera starts fine

Please start over following the build guide

Regards

Alin

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

Hi,

so partially good news. Almost everything seems to be working on 7.1, however, SD card is not. With "user" build system does not even see/show options in Settings->storage for SD card. In "userdebug" build I get "Unsupported" for the sd card, with option to set it up -> use as portable storage or use as internal storage. However, with both of these options I get errors and card is not set up:

use as portable storage: "Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '8 volume partition disk:179,64 public' failed with '400 8 Command failed'"

use as mixed storage (the same for private storage): "Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Thread Binder:962_8 gave up waiting for partitionMixed after 180000ms"

I'm quite confident that my sd card is working - i've been using it with the original rom in this phone as well as in my old phone. Also, formatting it in the pc is hassle-free. Moreover, some other users in the xda forums for x compact AOSP rom also reported that sd card is not working.

Another bug is that the default camera app still shows reverted image for the front camera. OpenCamera works fine though.

Also, is there any possibility to enable double tap to wake function? I quite like it can save the power button...

what is nice though, build bugs (using "cp" instead of "cp -r" and not copying external/toybox to the out directory) seem to be gone

Developer World
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

hi

Please note that exfat is not suported by AOSP!

What is the size and format of your sdcard ?

Double tap is disabled for now and will be enabled later when the bugs are solved

Regards

Alin

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

size is 32GB. Formats I tried are ext4 (i think i tried ext3 as well) and fat32. The sd card worked well with the original android, then I just kept it in there (without reformatting) and it stopped working - so I tried the AOSP "set-up" procedure via gui (as internal as well as shared storage) as well as adb partitioning.

Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

Getting the same error with the camera. How did you solve it?

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

well, newer versions of aosp solved it for me. Just try to update the source code and binary files from sony (maybe remove the "vendor" and ".repo/local_manifest" directories before) and recompile from the beginning. However, I'm using 7.1 now. Btw, does your sd card please work?

Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

... weird. Newest 7.1.1 and camera does not work.

The SD Card gives an error after flashing. I need to format it, then the error is gone. However haven't used it any further, as I try to get the build completed with the camera working

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

I can only try to upload for you my images, but I'm wondering if they'd work for you.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

Also, did you try to use other camera app, such as open camera? And just to be sure, you get the "can't connect to camera" error message, right?