account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

x compact - aosp 7.1 build errors

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

x compact - aosp 7.1 build errors

Hi, I experience following build errors with AOSP 7.1 for X Compact (aosp_f5321-userdebug):

1) at the beginning of the build process, before ninja starts, I get that "out/target/product/kugo/utilities/toybox" is missing and there are no rules to build it. Manually creating the "out/target/product/kugo/utilities" directory and copying the "external/toybox" to "out/target/product/kugo/utilities/toybox" solves the problem.

2) (probably related the the first problem) at 28% of the build process I get:

"FAILED: /bin/bash -c "(cp out/target/product/kugo/utilities/toybox out/target/product/kugo/root/sbin/toybox_init ) && (cp out/target/product/kugo/utilities/keycheck out/target/product/kugo/root/sbin/keycheck ) && (cp out/target/product/kugo/utilities/init_sony out/target/product/kugo/root/sbin/init_sony ) && (if [ ! -L out/target/product/kugo/root/init ]; then echo \"/init out/target/product/kugo/root/init isn't a symlink\"; mv out/target/product/kugo/root/init out/target/product/kugo/root/init.real; ln -s sbin/init_sony out/target/product/kugo/root/init; else echo \"/init out/target/product/kugo/root/init is already a symlink\"; fi )"
cp: omitting directory 'out/target/product/kugo/utilities/toybox'"

creating bash script "/usr/bin/cp" that is in fact calling "cp -r" command solves this problem and build then finishes.

steps to reproduce these errors:
1) checkout the source tree to a new directory and start build process from scratch

or

2) remove ".repo/local_manifests" and "vendor" directories, sync repository and follow the steps from the build tutorial.

these problems probably affect 7.0 and 6. versions as well

5 REPLIES 5
Developer World
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: x compact - aosp 7.1 build errors

Hi,

i suspect that you skipped the cherry-pick part from the guide

please start again and follow the guide

Regards

Alin

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

by skipping cherry-pick you mean skipping e.g. the second part (after &&) of the command

git fetch https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/toybox refs/changes/74/265074/1 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD

because if so, I basically did copy-paste of that section of the tutorial and I didn't notice any error messages. However, I do not use git and its cherry-pick option, so if you could advice me on what error messages should I be focusing....
this is a typical output I got of the commands:

>>> git fetch https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/toybox refs/changes/74/265074/1 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD
From https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/toybox
 * branch            refs/changes/74/265074/1 -> FETCH_HEAD
[detached HEAD 0b4ec21] Add optional toybox_static build target
 Author: Adam Farden <adam@farden.cz>
 Date: Wed Jul 27 16:46:05 2016 +0200
 1 file changed, 53 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

Developer World
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi ,

it is hard to guess what went worng and i would suggest that you start again from the begining

i guess that something went wrong with the source and you fail to build

Regards

Alin

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@devjerpelea wrote:

Hi,

i suspect that you skipped the cherry-pick part from the guide

please start again and follow the guide

Regards

Alin

argmahgerd... i wish that repo_update script existed when I was starting to learn this stuff...

>_< Face with stuck-out TongueNerd FaceAnguished FaceFace with stuck-out Tongue

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Developer World
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

Our build guide evolves and we adapt it to the new requirements.

Please check from time to time the build guide

Regards

Alin