account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

provide old binaries and broken stuff in oreo & nougat

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

provide old binaries and broken stuff in oreo & nougat

Hello,

I noticed that a lot of things got broken in both 7.1 and 8.0 AOSP version for both the 3.10 and 4.4 kernel version where applicable. Unfortunatelly for me, I was stupid enough and I must have deleted the old solftware binaries before properly testing the functionality I require. I've kept some previous builds of AOSP 7.1.1 with 3.10 kernel but I'm missing the some of the older software binaries that work well with it. Is it please possible to provide pre SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_N_MR1_3.10_v13_loire binaries (X compact)? With these binaries and older build, the wifi is not working properly - will hang, without possibility to switch it off/on & consuming a lot of battery power.

the issues I have with the current binaries & builds:

7.1, kernel 3.10, current binaries, current build (didn't test it a lot):

SIM card is not detected

I think that wifi will hang in the end as well

8.0, kernel 4.4, current binaries, current build:

SIM is not detected

wifi can not be switched ON

clock alarm is not executed after phone stays inactive for longer time

not sure if it was this version or 7.1, but flash light can not be used

if I use SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_N_MR1_3.10_v13_loire binaries with this build I get at least cellular network working but wifi can not be switched ON at all and camera can not be accessed

in the end, I've not been able to find a currently working combination of binaries <-> kernels <-> AOSP version Slightly frowning Face

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Developer World
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: provide old binaries and broken stuff in oreo & nougat

Hi

There is a domain migration and unfortunately things didn't go smoth

The new domain and buildguide and binaries can be found here

https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/

The code on github has been migrated for the new vendor v8 which corrects many issues and cleans the legacy implementation for all devices

In this moment vendor v8 is released and published for Android 8.0

Unfortunately the binaries for Android 7.1 are stuck and will become public as soon as the issue is solved.

I am sorry for the trouble

Alin

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm using the new build guides & binaries from the migrated page you provided. Also, the binaries I use for the 8.0 are of the v08 version. I've cleaned the build directory and re-initiated the repo tree as well. Let me know if you'd like to have some logs.

Developer World
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

the website bug has been fixed and the v8 is released also for Android 7.1

for which device are you building ?

Regards

Alin

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I will give it a try.

I'm building for X compact. Also, I built a version yesterday evening (around 8pm GMT+1 time) and noticed that SIM is not recognized at first, but then, after several hours after reboot, my phone gets registered on cellular Network. I repeated this twice so far (at first it had to registered during night while I was sleeping, second time happened after I tried to reproduce it by rebooting a phone and waiting for a couple of hours).

I'll report here after I build & flash a new version.

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

the new binaries & new build seem to helped. At fist time I got wifi "hang up" but it seems to be working after another reboot. I will report if I notice that something is wrong.

Thank you!