account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Xperia Z1 C6903 photo recovery

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Xperia Z1 C6903 photo recovery

Hi.

I have a big issue with my phone:

- I had LineageOS installed on my phone and it was working just fine, untill USB socket stopped to react
- I had same issue before so I wanted to reinstall ROM, but after wiping system I forgot that I deleted install zip folder - next I wanted to install Stock ROM through Flashtool, but no matter which version of android I use, none of them works properly. Phone turns on, I can see start screen or menu for a moment and than in reboots.

- I want to install TWRP recovery through SP flash tool but  I don't know how to create scatter file for bricked phone.

Problem is, that I have really valuable photos from holidays on this phone and I don't want to pay for data recovery yet, can somebody help mi please? Best regards.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia Z1 C6903 photo recovery

1) At first try to reboot your phone into safe mode - if you manage, after it starts up press and hold your power button until power off/reboot menu shows up. Then tap&hold "power off" option until new menu shows up (reboot in safe mode?) - select OK. Hope that this will lead to a "stable" phone and copy everything you need.

Do you have adb and/or fastboot installed on your computer (flashtool should work for this as well, but I don't use it)? If so, then I would suggest to use those:

2) plug your phone to computer & switch it off/restart. While it is booting up (right from the black screen) hold the "volume up" button. In this way, the phone will boot into bootloader mode. Now you can try some recovery image (e.g. TWRP). When it boots up, you will be, with a bit of luck able to read and copy your files from the sdcard.

If this does not work and you used your SDcard as adopted storage, then try to use file manager in the recovery image to check if you find file: /data/misc/vold/.key 

then write here and we can try to continue.