account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Xperia XZs AOSP 7.x build not working

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Xperia XZs AOSP 7.x build not working

Hello,

i run into several errors Building the AOSP firmware with the latest guide.
mostly with error VQZip.h not found and some undefined constants in namely VDEC_YUV_FORMAT_NV12_UBWC is there something i missed to configure?
I even changed that constant to a known one to see if it build but it fails. Couldn't build any version of AOSP for the XZs.
I just bought this device just to use AOSP with it.
If there is a finished build i can flash also please let me know.

Thanks for your help guys!

EDIT: i managed to get a build ready but i'm not sure if it's legit.

I got two folders in out/target/product 1.) generic and 2.) keyaki

but keyaki only has root and system folder

and generic has the .img files but i'm not sure if i can flash those

EDIT2: i also have to remove some folders for my 2nd build, like sony-oss from hardware folder in my build directory cause the stuff is already defined in vendor/sony-oss folder.. so i don't know if that's right

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Developer World
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia XZs AOSP 7.x build not working

Hi,

the build guide will be updated tomorrow to reflect the latest development and security updates from Google. Also the new v5 binaries will come soon to imrove the camera and stability.

I am sorry for the inconvenience

Alin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Developer World
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia XZs AOSP 7.x build not working

Hi,

the build guide will be updated tomorrow to reflect the latest development and security updates from Google. Also the new v5 binaries will come soon to imrove the camera and stability.

I am sorry for the inconvenience

Alin

View solution in original post