account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Xperia XZ: OEM unlocking is grayed out although Configuration says Bootloader unlock allowed

SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Xperia XZ: OEM unlocking is grayed out although Configuration says Bootloader unlock allowed

Hi all,

Title says it all, but I have one incident.

I unlocked the bootloader following Sony's home page and installed AOSP as this page say.   It went well.  Beforehand, I backed up TA partition just in case.

But installing AOSP Pie, I rebooted and found the phone said this phone's software was corrupt and shut down.

I tried to recover and flashed the latest firmware with flashtool.   The stock firmware runs well, and I checked in Developer Options only to find OEM unlocking was off and grayed out.   I checked bootloader status with *#*#7378423#*#* Service info>Configuration>Rooting Status.  It says "Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes".

Then why is "OEM unlocking" switch grayed out and how can I enable it?

Thanks in advance.

-Tetsuji

Luckiest in the world. Salt of the earth.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia XZ: OEM unlocking is grayed out although Configuration says Bootloader unlock allowed

It's been easily fixed with Xperia companion.   Sorry for the noice I made.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia XZ: OEM unlocking is grayed out although Configuration says Bootloader unlock allowed

It's been easily fixed with Xperia companion.   Sorry for the noice I made.