account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Xperia Unlocked, but is not rooted?

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia Unlocked, but is not rooted?

Hi, by this method i unlocked (probably) my smartphone Xperia C5 Ultra Dual. In powershell (computer) was written that device is rooted and second time i can't root it with this method, but by some apps for android like Root Checker, Link2Sd rood access is not found. How to understand, unlocked bootloader, but it's not rooted smartphone?

I still can't uninstall preinstalled apps, i can't get root access, Xperia Companion says that i can't update or repair smartphone, EMMA still checking my registration. How to finally get root access, any ideas?

Thanks in advance....

P.S. Keep in mind to flash with Flashtool for Xperia models like C or M, impossible, coz bricking smartphones...

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Developer World
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Re: Xperia Unlocked, but is not rooted?

Hi

please follow the steps because it looks like you have the wrong version of EMMA

1. remove the Emma from your computer

2. download and install EMMA from this link

https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/flash-tool/

3. Flash your phone and enjoy

NOTE: The community EMMA aplication does not require any account or registration

Regards

Alin

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@EUPHORIC 

unlocking the bootloader won't grant you root access, it'll be wise to check the XDA Forum 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@uliwooly wrote:

@EUPHORIC 

unlocking the bootloader won't grant you root access, it'll be wise to check the XDA Forum 

Uliwooly, thanks. Actually i did not knew that. In internet when i looked for root i found a  lot of methods how to unlock bootloader, so i thought will be root access too. Well, will be need now to root somehow or lock bootloader again and do status quo, but i don't know how... biggest problem is Marshmallow for which there is no normal root method yet and probably will not be at all for this model Slightly frowning Face

XDA Forum is checked already, there is one method with flashing, as i know Flashtool for Xperia can brick smartphone (C4/C5 ultra/M5 models), so i'm afraid to do that, coz one time i was bricked Slightly smiling Face

Sadness thing is that i can't repair/update my smartphone right now with Xperia Companion, i can't use EMMA, coz waiting for registration check... So at this time i did not got root, which i need and chance to repair smartphone and most sadness things that Developers Sony's chatting very rarely and to get these all information it's enough hard. Probably i would not unlock if i had known Slightly frowning Face

If someone have others advises feel free to share (links or something like this), thanks Slightly smiling Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Highlighted
Developer World
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi

please follow the steps because it looks like you have the wrong version of EMMA

NOTE: The community EMMA aplication does not require any account or registration

Regards

Alin

Commissioner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@devjerpelea wrote:

Hi

Regards

Alin

Thank you very much, i found in internet Flash_tool_for_Xperia_6.zip with customization.ini so registration is not require anymore. I downloaded and installed version from Sony developers web site, maybe i found older version. Thanks anyway for helping