account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

XA2 Ultra Unlocked > Sailfish OS > NO MORE REVERTING TO ANDROID POSSIBLE???

Visitor
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

XA2 Ultra Unlocked > Sailfish OS > NO MORE REVERTING TO ANDROID POSSIBLE???

Is there anyone out there who has walked the road that I am walking right now and has reached the end?

1. Read about SailFish OS ( SFOS 3.1 by now) and got interested.Grinning Face

2. Read about Sony XA2 Ultra Dual SIM ( H4233 / 1312-4773) being compatible with SFOSGrinning Face with smiling Eyes

3. Bought a H4233Smiling Face with Heart-eyes

4. Unlocked the bootloader ( with the nice help of Official Sony site)Smiling Face with Heart-eyesSmiling Face with Heart-eyes

5. Flashed SFOS ( Very Easy procedure so far) Grinning FaceGrinning Face with smiling EyesSmiling Face with Heart-eyes

6. Tried SFOS for a while...but then realised SFOS is NOT for me, NOT to be recommended for anyone wanting to use  a flawlessly working OS ( Not even close)Unamused Face

7. Thinking I want to revert back to good old AndroidRelieved Face

8. Trying out ALL possible ways of trying to revert:

8a. EMMA ( standard user version?) DOES not work for Unlocked devicesDisappointed Face

8b. Sony Flashtool ( EMMA for developers?): Does start but gives this: Angry Face

emma error.PNG

8c. Flashtool by Androxygen ( in combination with XPERIFIRM):

tried all kinds of versions....

1. First of, I cannot Find the EXACT version of my ROM...WHY?   My BOX says:20190802_123338[1].jpg

BUT Sony FlashTool Says:

Untitled.png

But these are the Files to download for the H4233:

flashtool.PNG

I don't know if that is the reason for all my subsequent issues with FlashTool by Androxygen, but I cannot flash my XA2 ultra with this tool

Nor Can I re-lock it with this tool because of:

Capture2.PNG

Which brings me to the closed Loop I am in right now:Dizzy Face

8d. Sony Companion: Does not work for Unlocked devices:

companion.PNG

Does anyone recognise my issues?

Is there ANYONE out there, that can help me revert back to good old ANDROID?

with regards,

Haldun

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: XA2 Ultra Unlocked > Sailfish OS > NO MORE REVERTING TO ANDROID POSSIBLE???

This is just guessing, but you could try just putting on AOSP first. Not 100% sure how and if that will work out, but at least you could try that. Googles Android Tools (especially fastboot) are not very pickiy, the just flash whatever you tell it to flash.

An Guide on how to build AOSP can be found here: https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/guides/aosp-build-instructions

I am using AOSP on my Xperia XZ since a while and beside some minor bugs, i am very happy with that.

But you can also just try again EMMA to re-flash it with the official Sony Image afterwards

Developer World
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: XA2 Ultra Unlocked > Sailfish OS > NO MORE REVERTING TO ANDROID POSSIBLE???

Hi,

The H4233 device is an localized model and is not supported by the Emma tools (it supports only Global devices)

The bootloader can not be locked

Regards

Alin