account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Unlocked Bootloader (Sony's tool)

Commissioner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Unlocked Bootloader (Sony's tool)

Hi, i need a little bit more information about Sony's tool which letting to us unlock bootloader and all process. Who unlocked bootloader with Sony's tool from Sony's developers web site. I thinking to unlock, but i don't prepare to install any others 3rd parties software (for example from developers forum). I want Sony's original software which was updated with Xperia Companion, but with chance to delete pre-installed apps). I need information how working software after unlock, coz i read in Sony's developers web site, software can work bad, did i understood something? What's exactly can work bad?

To unlock bootloader i need for reasons:

- My device (C5 Ultra) lagging after 3 years when i playing some games (for example FIFA Mobile (2019), Asphalt 9, Pub Mobile and ect., in two words - newest games), some apps and ect., also i need to uninstall pre-installed apps which without root impossible even to disable, to clean ROOT cache files which imposssible to delete if there is no access, to close force apps which i don't need and which "eating" my device RAM memory, coz these apps normally starting again and there is no any apps which can close it untill i will open it manually (yes i talking about: Facebook, Google's apps, Sony's apps and ect.) and ect. So how you think it can help me root/unlocked bootloader for these my reasons? Maybe will not be any benefist? Please write here with information which you know, maybe try to do that and ect? Thanks in advance.

I asked Sony's developers in past about unlock bootloader process, but they won't to help for unkown reason, so that's why i asking here...

P.S. Device havn't warranty, only think which i'm afraid to brick device, coz to change motherboard cost a lot of money, to unbrick services in which i can bring it to fix don't fixing, coz to need a lot of time, they can't give so much time for that, they losing clients. But i once tried, i'm not so rookie and ect. I know risk and ect. i just need more information to accept desicion. Thanks again who will help.

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

7 REPLIES 7
Developer World
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unlocked Bootloader (Sony's tool)

Hi,

The device is unlocked without the need of any special tool

You just use the fastboot from Google and the code obtained from our website

https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/

Regards

Alin

Commissioner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

@devjerpelea wrote:

Hi,

The device is unlocked without the need of any special tool

You just use the fastboot from Google and the code obtained from our website

https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/

Regards

Alin

Thanks, but after update can i repair smartphone with Xperia Companion as usually? There is nay risk, that software will stop work as usually and ect.? I need just for reason to delete pre-intaslled apps and to clean root caches sections for smooth performance? Can you write about that more? I don't want to install 3rd parties software and ect. I further wanting to use Sony's software only, there is any risk that after unlock will be problem with software?

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hi,

I've unlocked bootloader on a XA2, and Xpéria companionn only allow you to save and restore datas.

You won't be able to update/upgrade your phone.

You'll have to do it with EMMA Flash tool but it seems that versions are a kind late compared to OTA updates.

Commissioner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@Nemric wrote:

Hi,

I've unlocked bootloader on a XA2, and Xpéria companionn only allow you to save and restore datas.

You won't be able to update/upgrade your phone.

You'll have to do it with EMMA Flash tool but it seems that versions are a kind late compared to OTA updates.

Thanks a lot, can you a little bit to specify, can i repair with Xperia Companion software? To update i can't, that in past siad to me developers from Sony. That's why i waited so long, coz was one update to some Asia/East Europe countries, so i will not get at all any new updates. Developers don't care that there are a lot of bugs and issues in Xperia C5 Ultra Dual after update to Marshmallow. I need tp know excatly can i repair my smartphone with Xperia Companion? It's not update. Thanks in advance.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

All process and where i stuck, what to do now? How to install drivers and how to connect smartphone to computer?

Everything is explained in screenshots. Computer don't installing drivers without any reason.

Screenshot (9).png

Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).pngScreenshot (3).pngScreenshot (4).pngScreenshot (5).pngScreenshot (6).pngScreenshot (7).pngScreenshot (8).png

Commissioner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

At last i found way how to install drivers and ect., but how long need to wait untill all process will ends?

Screenshot (15).png

Visitor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hello, I would start with checking whether fastbook even finds your device at all.

Therefore, first type:

fastboot -l

and see if a code which represents your phone will come up without giving any error message.