account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Sailfish OS on Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 compact

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Sailfish OS on Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 compact

Hello World developers, a whole community is engaged in the development of the AOSP project, before you have developed the Firefox OS project on the example of the Xperia E, how to develop the project Sailfish OS? I'd like to experiment with this OS on the Xperia Xperia Z3 and Z3 compact. This unique OS and it has a good future, besides the developers Jolla created HADK(sailfishos.org/develop/hadk/) for easy porting and development Sailfish OS on Android devices.

sailfish-logo.png

2 REPLIES 2
Adviser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sailfish OS on Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 compact

I am working on Ubuntu Touch for the Z2 currently, I was looking forward to try Sailfish OS afterwards. Once I did this I planned to do the same for my Z3. Sadly I am totally running out of time at the moment, hence I am not able to keep on working on this for a unknown time. Seeing that someone ported Firefox OS to the Xperia E, I might check that out too. I guess you will read from me on XDA as soon as I actually archieve anything.

Regards
Highlighted
Developer World
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sailfish OS on Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 compact

hi

open devices program provides  AOSP is a base that can be used for many OSes, all depends on community developpers that want to push inovation further

br

Alin