account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Remote Device Lab OS Versions Incorrect, Cannot update to 4.4.4

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Remote Device Lab OS Versions Incorrect, Cannot update to 4.4.4

I mistakenly posted this in the Z2 forums, so I am reposting it here where I am more likely to get support on the issue.

I am trying to bug test the Z1 Compact and Z2 Xperia phones using the remote device lab, I had finally got my app working but a user has told me they are still experiencing the blank screen on their Z2. I checked the versions and found that despite the launch page of the remotedevicelab stating that the OS versions are 4.4.4 when checking the phones from the settings page they are infact 4.4.2. This wouldn't be a problem if it werent for the fact that you can't update Sony phones without having the device plugged into a PC.

here are the screen grabs

xperiaversion.jpg

z2outofdate.jpg

My app on the user's phone

Screenshot_2015-02-24-19-23-28.png

what I see using remote lab after removing scrollview layout

z2screencap.jpg

Fix seems to work on Z2 and Z1 however I still get a blank screen on the Z1 Compact in the device lab

1 REPLY 1
Developer World
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Remote Device Lab OS Versions Incorrect, Cannot update to 4.4.4

We are looking on it

Thanks

Alin