account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

How to include an icon pack with the theme creator Like (whatsapp, facebook, etc.)

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

How to include an icon pack with the theme creator Like (whatsapp, facebook, etc.)

I've seen themes created with theme creator that include icon packs include icons like whatsapp facebook messenger etc

please help
Any tutorial
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Re: How to include an icon pack with the theme creator Like (whatsapp, facebook, etc.)

You need to edit the file "skins\iconpack\res\drawable-laf1-xxhdpi\theme_icon_pack_drawable.xml" before exporting your theme. You'll need the main activities of the apps you want to replace the icon. There are apps on Google Play to read the main activities of the installed apps.

Example: If you want to add a custom icon for WhatsApp, you need to add the following line:

<item component="ComponentInfo{com.whatsapp/com.whatsapp.Main}" drawable="THEME_FILE::WhatsApp.png"/>

Where everything between ComponentInfo{} is the main activity of WhatsApp and the part after THEME_FILE:: is your *.png graphic that is located in your theme root folder.

23 REPLIES 23
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Re: How to include an icon pack with the theme creator Like (whatsapp, facebook, etc.)

You need to edit the file "skins\iconpack\res\drawable-laf1-xxhdpi\theme_icon_pack_drawable.xml" before exporting your theme. You'll need the main activities of the apps you want to replace the icon. There are apps on Google Play to read the main activities of the installed apps.

Example: If you want to add a custom icon for WhatsApp, you need to add the following line:

<item component="ComponentInfo{com.whatsapp/com.whatsapp.Main}" drawable="THEME_FILE::WhatsApp.png"/>

Where everything between ComponentInfo{} is the main activity of WhatsApp and the part after THEME_FILE:: is your *.png graphic that is located in your theme root folder.

Regular
Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

Hey folks. New to Sony themer. I've noticed it's not Theming the message app icon. Also like to theme Chrome icon. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

@RichieDee wrote:

Hey folks. New to Sony themer. I've noticed it's not Theming the message app icon. Also like to theme Chrome icon. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

@Parou wrote:

That's the only thing you can do and everyone who wants to publish an icon pack has to do.
Regular
Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

Hey thanks for the advice but I've tried this. Still no luck.  Wondering if I got the package name wrong. In xml. Can anyone please tell me what the correct format for message and chrome is please. Thanks

Rich 

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

com.android.chrome/com.android.chrome.Main
com.android.chrome/com.google.android.apps.chrome.Main
com.sonyericsson.conversations/com.sonyericsson.conversations.ui.ConversationListActivity
Regular
Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

Thank you it is appreciated. I'll try that. 

Regular
Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

Hi sorry to be a pain. I get errors when trying to build theme. 

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

Could you post the errors and / or the code you used that's leading to that errors?

Regular
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

It states missing image files.