account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Greetings, from a student/aspiring game developer from Down Under!

Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Greetings, from a student/aspiring game developer from Down Under!

Hello

I'm currently studing programming, and I've decided I'm going to try to make some sort of integration with Xperias (and droids) and Arx-Control by Logitech. I'm part of a small team of students in Adelaide who's looking to apply for a PS Vita Dev kit to develop one of our games we prototyped in a 48 hour game jam in our home city.

This was the prototype we came up with in the 48 hour game jam... Ele00.jpg

This is a small demo of what we sent to apply for the development kit.

Here's what it looks like now after we got to work on it for our end of year, 6-week practice production, our Artists did a fantastic job.

Ele01.jpg

Ele02.jpg

Hopefully next year I can get enough knowledge to be able to Integrate mobile devices in to our game somehow, and also make some tools or gadgets for XPeria and Steam. I already have some ideas for puzzles that can use the accelerometer on the Xperia, but I think it would be cool if I can get the PS4 controller to work on an Android port to control the characters to do some puzzles, but also can transfer the character back to the Desktop/Laptop game window for main interactions and story.

Well,  Bye for now!

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Greetings, from a student/aspiring game developer from Down Under!

Looks nice,

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.