account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Emma and stock firmware versions

Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Emma and stock firmware versions

Hi,

Sorry for duplicate post (see here : https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Android-8-x-Oreo/Emma-and-Versions/m-p/1365324#M449) but I hope I'll have more success in general discussion forum Slightly smiling Face

Could someone please say me how Emma get new stock software updates.

My phone is a XA2 H3113, and Emma only show me 50.1.A.13.83 update with 18-09 security update level

Of course my phone is unlocked and I'd like to update to latest security level.

Sony's site show version 50.1.A.13.123 when I ask it for my IMEI here : https://support.sonymobile.com/fr/software/

Is Emma always late compared to sony's site or is this a kind of error ?

4 REPLIES 4
Developer World
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Emma and stock firmware versions

Hi,

the SW has been reelased in flashtool

Regards

Alin

Commissioner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@Nemric wrote:

Of course my phone is unlocked and I'd like to update to latest security level.

After unlock can you repair smartphone with Xperia Companion? To update i know you can't, but repair is next section and i want to know can i repair in any trouble with software with Xperia Companion or i need everytime with EMMA to flash software if i want just to repair software?

Also after unlock did you saw any disaster in use, Sony's developers writing that can work software incorrect or something like this. So can i unlock without any worry with Sony's tool?

By the way after unlock smartphone became smoother or is the same? I need to unlock/root for delete preinstalled apps, to do smoother smartphone, coz my Xperia model have only 2GB Ram and some games, apps lagging. Coz you alraedy unlocked, can you advise me to do that?

I don't have warranty and with Sony's tool i tried onece to unlock so process i know a little bit.

Thanks in advance for help Slightly smiling Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Highlighted
Developer World
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

After unlock can you repair smartphone with Xperia Companion? To update i know you can't, but repair is next section and i want to know can i repair in any trouble with software with Xperia Companion or i need everytime with EMMA to flash software if i want just to repair software?

A: you can use the EMMA SW to update or reinstall your device

Also after unlock did you saw any disaster in use, Sony's developers writing that can work software incorrect or something like this. So can i unlock without any worry with Sony's tool?

A: The unlock metod provided on the Sony website is tested for every supported device to provide a smooth experience

By the way after unlock smartphone became smoother or is the same? I need to unlock/root for delete preinstalled apps, to do smoother smartphone, coz my Xperia model have only 2GB Ram and some games, apps lagging. Coz you alraedy unlocked, can you advise me to do that?

A: the unlock process does not affect the device behaviour. You can always find guides on the XDA forum for further customization

Regards

Alin

Commissioner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@devjerpelea wrote:

Hi,

A: you can use the EMMA SW to update or reinstall your device

A: The unlock metod provided on the Sony website is tested for every supported device to provide a smooth experience

A: the unlock process does not affect the device behaviour. You can always find guides on the XDA forum for further customization

Regards

Alin

Ok i understand thank you very much

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote