account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Bootloop after flashing FXP AOSP 5.1 (D2303)

Adviser
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Bootloop after flashing FXP AOSP 5.1 (D2303)

Hi everyone
So I have problem with booting into system after flashing FreeXperia AOSP build for eagle.
Steps which I've done
- flashed 18.3.1.C.1.15 ftf with Flashtool
- updated bootloader with EMMA
- flashed system, userdata and boot img files with flashtool
- rebooted
And here it ends - bootloop.
I've also tried flashing AOSP while on 18.0.C.1.13 but it also gives me bootloop.
So what should I do to make Lollipop work?
Also here it is screenshot from EMMA: http://dl-1.va.us.xda-developers.com/3/3/4/6/1/1/4/emma.png?key=tWL6nqDvrsdQwlfyPcaOiw&ts=1433344649

Thanks for answers
16 REPLIES 16
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Bootloop after flashing FXP AOSP 5.1 (D2303)

As it would appear your bootloader is unlocked then you have 2 options - Manually flash using Flashtool and a .ftf firmware file or relock your bootloader and use PCC

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

Well I know how to get out of bootloop to stock firmware but I'd like to know how to flash 5.1 custom rom (because IT gives bootloop). Stock is not a problem here Slightly smiling Face
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

Have you checked XDA and you flashed via Fastboot or something else also have you tried a command prompt to flash

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adviser
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

I've posted it on Rom thread but they suggested to write it here as well.
So once again
- I've downloaded FXP AOSP 5.1 zip with 4 img files in it: system.img, userdata.img, recovery.img and boot.img
- flashed ftf file with latest SONY STOCK SW 18.3.1.C.1.15 with flashtool programme
- updated bootloader with EMMA (screen in first post)
- opened fastboot and flashed all 4 img files (recovery is not needed but I flashed it anyway)
- after successful flashing, it gaves bootloop.
PS: sorry for misleading in first post. It should be fastboot in 3rd point Face with stuck-out Tongue Dunno why I sometimes mix them up Face with stuck-out Tongue Sorry once again.
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

No idea why it isn't working unless the compiling of the img is corrupt or your device just doesn't like to boot

Adviser
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

OK, anyway thanks Thommo for your help. I will try another build then. Or try once again.
Developer World
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

Hi

i haev tried to replicate on my devices following the steps i have writen and works fine

since i can not reporoduce, i can not help

br

Alin

Adviser
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

On xda they said that some new phones have changes in GPIO input events. That is why mine and other new M2s are bootlooping.
Developer World
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

Hi

i am unaware of any changes in 2303 (LTE) model

br

Alin