account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Beginners questions: clean up before a new build?

Learner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Beginners questions: clean up before a new build?

Hi,

I just did my first build a few weeks ago and now want to build again with the most recent code. Is there anything I need to do to "clean up"? Any files I need to delete? Or can I just start again at the "repo sync" step and follow the normal instructions from there...

As I said, I've no clu what I'm doing so every tip is appreciated Slightly smiling Face

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Adept
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Beginners questions: clean up before a new build?

I haven't been building AOSP for quite some time, but when I did, I always did a cleanup - learned it the hard way after the builds were not working. Here are the locations I always cleaned when building AOSP 8:
rm -rf .repo art bionic bootable build compatibility cts dalvik developers development device docs external frameworks hardware kernel libcore libnativehelper out packages pdk platform_testing prebuilts sdk system test toolchain tools vendor Android.bp Makefile bootstrap.bash repo_update.sh

I am now going to try build AOSP 10 for my X Compact, so will see how it goes.