account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Android 10 and update

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Android 10 and update

Hello everyone

I already try AOSP 9 on my X Compact but I changed for another custom rom and now I wanted to try Android 10 (sorry I didn't find any Android 10 section). I'm not sure if the build is already stable for a day to day use or if it's still a bit buggy?

Another thought once I had install Android 10, how is it possible to update to the last release without the need to reinstall Android every time?

Cheers and thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Android 10 and update

The X Compact will not have an official support for full Android 10 with the new kernel.

Some people gathered to get Android 10 with kernel 4.9 running. However it has similar issues as Android 9 on the X Compact.

Find more information here: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker/issues/536

Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Android 10 and update

Oh and regarding the reinstall on a new version. If you change the major version like Android 9 to Android 10 I did not find away around a new install. If you just do the monthly updates within one version, you can just leave out the userdata partition during flashing.