account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

AOSP 6.0.1 ROM succesfully build but no internet, f5121

SOLVED
Adept
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

AOSP 6.0.1 ROM succesfully build but no internet, f5121

I successfully build my own AOSP 6.0.1 ROM and put it on my Xperia X f5121. There was no error during make process. The phone booted well, all seems fine. The only thing is, i can't connect to the internet via wifi (didn't test mobile data connection till now).

I added necessary  data to the network manager. Wifi connects, obtain an ip address and tells "connected, no internet". I can ping the device from any device connected to my lan. But i can't reach the gateway or any other device from the Xperia X device.

I logged into adb shell and tried some inspections.

getprop show me no error, all seems fine.

I reset did a factory reset and restart my router. Doesn't solve the problem.

I removed and reentered several times the ap data.

I can't resolve any name or reach any device via wifi.

I tried "adb shell settings put global captive_portal_detection_enabled 0 ". But the only success was the network manager didn't show "no internet" anymore and the wifi symbol looks normal. But still no connection to outside. I checked iptables / security settings.

Any hint what i can do? It worked before flashing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adept
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: AOSP 6.0.1 ROM succesfully build but no internet, f5121

Hello,

after you wrote you cannot replicate the reported issue, i deleted the whole android folder and restart by zero. I finished successfully. All works well now. Compiling my own kernel was also possible.

I think the Problem was, i started on ubuntu 17.04 (first mistake) before. I downloaded the repo and notice my disk space drained empty. I decided to move it to my synology NAS (second mistake) and mounted it as a samba share. On ubuntu i have had problems installing jdk-7. So i tried some VM's. Using ubuntu 14.04 in VM with jdk-7 i finished lunch, but running in errors while make process because of non-casesensitive filesystem on my NAS. I moved the android tree from NAS to my ntfs partition on my dualboot notebook. After some build errors i bought a new 2 TB harddisk drive and did a fresh install of bbqlinux and moved over the android tree to the new disk. Then i was able to finish make process. But i had the reported issues.

Starting by zero on a fresh bbqlinux system with a fresh repo solved the problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Developer World
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

i tried to replicate the reported issue and i can not

Regards

Alin

Adept
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hello,

after you wrote you cannot replicate the reported issue, i deleted the whole android folder and restart by zero. I finished successfully. All works well now. Compiling my own kernel was also possible.

I think the Problem was, i started on ubuntu 17.04 (first mistake) before. I downloaded the repo and notice my disk space drained empty. I decided to move it to my synology NAS (second mistake) and mounted it as a samba share. On ubuntu i have had problems installing jdk-7. So i tried some VM's. Using ubuntu 14.04 in VM with jdk-7 i finished lunch, but running in errors while make process because of non-casesensitive filesystem on my NAS. I moved the android tree from NAS to my ntfs partition on my dualboot notebook. After some build errors i bought a new 2 TB harddisk drive and did a fresh install of bbqlinux and moved over the android tree to the new disk. Then i was able to finish make process. But i had the reported issues.

Starting by zero on a fresh bbqlinux system with a fresh repo solved the problem.