account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

3 questions I should ask before publishing theme

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

3 questions I should ask before publishing theme

Thinking to post theme created through latest Theme creator (supports from kitkat to Marshmallow)
But here are some questions would like to ask :

1) Can I post themes (created using this tool) as premium themes on Google Play?

2) Should I need to send it to sony (sony theme portal) or I can directly publish themes to google playwith my existing company name (or creating a new)

3) Which process is recommended? Signing theme via theme creator or with android studio guidelines? Is there any expiry issue signing through theme creator program?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: 3 questions I should ask before publishing theme

This from my personal experience..

1) Absolutely

2) No need to involve Sony unless you'd like to have a little bit (very little) more  visibility through the Theme Portal. 

3) No expiration that I am aware of. In any case Theme Creator does all is needed, signing included. Taking care of the supported phone models and Android versions. It's actually a very good tool, and it keeps improving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check my theme collection for Xperia™ devices!
Visit my FaceBook Page

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Commissioner
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

This from my personal experience..

1) Absolutely

2) No need to involve Sony unless you'd like to have a little bit (very little) more  visibility through the Theme Portal. 

3) No expiration that I am aware of. In any case Theme Creator does all is needed, signing included. Taking care of the supported phone models and Android versions. It's actually a very good tool, and it keeps improving.

Visit my FaceBook Page

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

First Thanks for the answer. 😃

One more thing would like to ask, this time about theme creator :-)
When adding image for "app background" and "action bar" it becomes stretched in landscape mode, there is no option to add them for landscape mode separately unlike for "navigation bar" and we are forced to use a pattern or repeating image in order to manage landscape bg. Is there any workaround for it or I am wrong in some way?
Commissioner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I have the same issue with the backgrounds. So what I do is to make simmetric backgrounds and even if they get a bit stretched I don't care.There might be the magic dimension good for both modes, but I couldn't find it. You may open a new thread specific for this, you'll have better chances to get an answer

Visit my FaceBook Page
Apprentice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Yes I downloaded your theme, it's nice 👍 and I can also see that thing on horizontal mode and will be visible more especially in tablet's landscape mode.
BTW Great work 😃
Commissioner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Well.. Thanks! Slightly smiling Face

Visit my FaceBook Page