account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New design 2017 feedback thread

Highlighted
Community Manager
Message 1 of 51
Message 1 of 51

New design 2017 feedback thread

Hi members

As you probably noticed there has been a few changes on the forum now in March 2017. We would of course love to hear your feedback on the new forum design. So please reply here with your feedback.

Please stick to feedback on the forum only. If you have questions about our products there are many other threads to post in.

Positive or constructive feedback is welcome.

50 REPLIES
Genius
Message 2 of 51
Message 2 of 51

Re: New design 2017 feedback thread

Did I get restricted for image uploads? Or is it bugged

The site is faster, but the landing page for your home profile gets really long and super scrolly to get to the bottom, unless you just hit 'end'

maybe headers instead of full post?

I've got the forum open on Opera, FFox, Chrome and iE, Edge, on PC I'll try Yandex when my carrier decides to give me network access again...

I like it, more solid color so it's easier to theme dark without causing epilepsy

a short cut in drop down menu for albums would be good on our avatar button

and are the chat bubbles meant to be like that or is there a padding issue... oh wait... there is... i can see it in the firefox window

SOMC00.PNG

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Community Manager
Message 3 of 51
Message 3 of 51

Thanks for the feedback NeoBeum

About image uploads. There is a pre-moderation on image uploads. I saw that your image is approved now so i hope that was what happened. Can you doublecheck that your image is now uploaded.

Yes the profile page is indeed very long. Let us have a look at that and see if we can make some improvements.

However you can change your settings to not show so many topics. Go to my settings->preferences->linear layout you can for instance set 10 topics per page instead. 

Do you mean my photos when you say shortcut to albums?

Happy that you like the colors etc.

Message 4 of 51
Message 4 of 51

I was shocked by the changes. I can not see anymore how many new unread comments are in a topic (used 2 c yesterday). When I get into a topic, it does not take me to the last (earliest posted) unread comment, it takes me to the beginning of the page where that comment is (it was excellent yesterday). Letters are bigger, so a lot of space used for nothing, a lot of scrolling (it was more compact and easier to go through, yesterday).
I use the phone's Support app, and it seems very inconvenient now.
Adept
Message 5 of 51
Message 5 of 51

The forum is not working on Chrome. It always gives ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
Error. It works on other browsers like dolphin and Firefox but not Chrome
Genius
Message 6 of 51
Message 6 of 51

Y

communitymanager wrote:

Do you mean my photos when you say shortcut to albums?

Happy that you like the colors etc.

Yes on the avatar drop down menu, a shortcut to my photos or albums, what ever it is

and the theme is better because there is less black than before, which makes it better for the firefox add ons that turn pages dark

devil

SOMC01.PNG

and i think the last cell on the table that does the landing page might not be in the right spot, unless phone and tablets is meant to appear next to the favourite topics

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Forum Legend
Message 7 of 51
Message 7 of 51

@Roadrunny76: hi, there is a setting you can change on the My settings page, if you like to be taken to the first post or latest comment.

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Message 8 of 51
Message 8 of 51

Thanks, but the option is ticked (meaning new layout kept my settings), and it takes me to the beginning of the page, not to the first unread comment. Any other ideeas?
Community Manager
Message 9 of 51
Message 9 of 51

isbesheer wrote:
The forum is not working on Chrome. It always gives ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
Error. It works on other browsers like dolphin and Firefox but not Chrome

We are currently having an issue with too many redirects. We are investigating it together with the platform vendor. We hope to have a solution soon. 

EDIT: @isbesheer we have made some changes that should solve the issue with to many redirects in chrome. It would be great if you also can confirm that it is solved at your end.

Community Manager
Message 10 of 51
Message 10 of 51

Thanks for the clarification NeoBeum.

Unfortunately this is out of our control but we think it is an excelent idea and we will bring it up with the platform vendor.

Regarding the firefox concern we are working on it. We have managed to fix it for most of the other common browsers. Or it is at least a temporary fix that looks ok until we have a better design.