account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How does this forum works?

Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

How does this forum works?

Forum members come up with suggestions and report defects all the time. But the question is: where does our suggestions and reports go? Will Sony looking to our discussion here and improve our phones with every update or we just talking to each other ?
9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: How does this forum works?

You can read about it here

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Welcome/Discussion-guidelines/m-p/349678#U349678

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

The other post its a bit long and you might miss the question

@yasser4008@yasser4008 

@yasser4008 wrote:
They should offer glass panel replacement for lifetime as Htc and LG does. I don't know why this piece of glass is so expensive to replace.and the worse part they will crack again

Could you post the source link of that claim, because I have never seen such a thing. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

www.htc.com/us/advantage/

Although no one complains about glass quality of htc phones They offer one time "screen" replacement for fi first 6 months. While most of Z3c owners have cracked glass after weeks and have to struggle to replace that with sony repair center to have another fragile screen glass.
Emperor
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

@yasser4008 again, where do you get those numbers, the users that post here on the forum do NOT represent all the Xperia owners, think about this, the forum is for users to reach out for help, users that don't have any issues won't post here something like:

I don't have any issues with my phone, my screen is fine, etc etc

you said: 

@yasser4008 

@yasser4008 wrote:
They should offer glass panel replacement for lifetime as Htc and LG does. I don't know why this piece of glass is so expensive to replace.and the worse part they will crack again

On the link that you provided www.htc.com/us/advantage/ it says: 

OU CAN COUNT ON HTC INNOVATIVE HTC ADVANTAGE PROGRAM. FOR YOU. EXCLUSIVELY FROM HTC.

• Cracked screen? Free one time screen replacement within first 6 months.

It is NOT lifetime, which support my claim that you are exaggerating

Also, have you checked HTC, LG, Apple, Samsung, etc forums? I don't think you have, check what is the number 1 complain regarding phones breaking down, check what is the number one repair procedure. 

Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

You should check Internet websites and youtube and facebook then you can say there is no problems with screen glass that provided with sony phones. I used three samsung ddevices and many of my friends using Htc and I didn't hear any of them concerns about fragility of thier phone glass and no automatic screen crack happend to them or me.
About repair procedures. I don't know because I didn't need to go to a repair center for all my phones. But Htc center have replaced my sister's phone with new one after having battery charging problem. While samsung will give two years warranty and replacement in case your phone have been stolen (but have to pay 50% of phone price ) in other hand what does Sony gives to compete with that ?
Emperor
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Each country/region has different pricing or warranties, here in the US if you buy an Xperia from a Sony store or online you can buy a damage protection warranty, so even if you destroyed your phone you will not have to pay to get it replaced. 

Logical fallacies aren't valid arguments, I or others could use a similar fallacy, and say well I have the Xperia Z, Z1, S, T, Play, X10, Arc, X8, etc and I haven't had this issue, the only Xperia that cracked was the X10 and that was my fault, I had posted this before, and I know others that have Xperias that haven't had this issue so others complaining about that seems ridiculous. Also I have friends with other brands and had nothing but problems, iPhones, HTC and Samsung products. 

Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Re: Network issues

My phone loses mobile data when I am out. Even when network is good.when network weak then i move to somewhere alese the mobile doesn't reconnect automaticly. The only way to get mobile Internet back is to switch airplan mood on then off. But this is not practical and not proper at all
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

@Rickard what if my sim card is nano and the problem still there? Do I need to change operator just because I bought sony mobile?
Emperor
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@yasser4008 

Have you contacted your local Xperia Care to get you r phone evaluated?

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/