account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Forum Time

Adept
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Forum Time

I like using the forum, it is simple to get around and there are lots of interesting posts.
I would like to know what timezone is the forum using? Does this relate to where it is operated?
12 REPLIES 12
Emperor
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Forum Time

You have answered your own question. 

@Nate88 wrote:
I like using the forum, it is simple to get around and there are lots of interesting posts.
I would like to know what timezone is the forum using? Does this relate to where it is operated?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Haha, perhaps I should reword my post:
What timezone does the forum use? My posts display a different time to my phone.
Is the timezone set for a particular reason, for instance is this forum operated in a country that uses that timezone or is it for another reason, maybe there are more members using that timezone.
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Where do you see a time and if your phone displays a different time them maybe your phone has a different timezone set

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adept
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

My phone's time is set to GMT, but the time next to my posts is always displayed +1hrs. It made me wonder if this forum is run in Europe or somewhere else and uses european time for another purpose, maybe european customers make up the majority of posts.
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

I don't see +1 and I'm in the UK

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adept
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

I'll quickly post and see what time is displayed. It's not important, but since you see the correct time, I'd like to see what shows for me.
Adept
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Yeah, my post is an hour ahead of me.
Regarding my original question, where is the forum hosted? Also, where do most users come from?
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

I don't think it is relevant for you where this forum is hosted. You can contact sony and see if you can get that information:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Regarding users,this forum is for worldwide support but only in English.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

I don't suppose its important for me to know, not knowing isn't gonna affect me using it, but its certainly relevent.
Firstly, its relevant to my curiosity, especially since I seem to be exclusively experiencing a post time bug. Secondly, where the forum is hosted affects how user data is stored, how it can be shared etc.
I understand if you'd prefer not to say for whatever reason, but you shouldn't simply dismiss my post as irrelevant.