account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to unlock a phone w/o reseting/reformating the phone.

Emperor
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

How to unlock a phone w/o reseting/reformating the phone.

This is how to unlock a phone if you forgot the pin, pattern lock or password without having to lose anything on your internal storage. 

On your computer go to MyXperia > login > select your device > lock > enter a 4 digit pin > lock. It is also a good idea that you also enter a message so that you can see when the new PIN has been sent to your device.
On your phone enter the new 4 digit code, that should remove any pin, pattern or password. 

For MyXperia to work, the phone has to be:

1. On

2. Data or WiFi on

3. GPS on

4. Your Gmail account/email has to be on the phone

5. You must know your Gmail password

6. MyXperia has to be on/enabled

In addition to using MyXperia, you may also try setting a new lock code using Googles own Device Manager, found by clicking here. Note that you may only set a new code if you do NOT use a pattern as your lock method.

Once logged on to Google Device Manager using the same Google credentials that are used in your device, find your device in the list > Enable Lock & Erase > Lock > Enter a new password and enter a message so that you may see when the new password has been sent.

For this to work, the phone has to be:
1. On
2. Have an active internet connection (Wi-Fi or Mobile data)
3. Have an active Google account added which you know the credentials for

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)