account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email sync

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Email sync

My phone syncs emails for about two days then the message can not connect to server message shows. I have tried everything suggested but I'm now having to delete account and set it back up again everything just to read my emails. Any ideas?
12 REPLIES
Learner
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Email sync

I also managed to delete Microsoft Exchange sync somehow, do I need it?
Genius
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

The app or account?
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Hi @MrsHLB,

Welcome to the community,

I am sorry to hear about this, in regards to Exchange Active sync being removed, I am not sure how you achieved this but if you are using a work email and it is using exchange then you would have issues as it is required.

In regards to the Account issue, it is possible the Email application is playing up, you could remove the account and then clear the email applications data and then try from that point onwards.

Apps > Settings > Apps > Email > Storage > Clear Cache

Let me know how this goes.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Hi, it's only for personal emails as I don't work so I don't think the Microsoft Exchange Active sync, is that correct? I have no idea how I have done it either. I follow the above commands every couple of days to get emails when the can not connect to server message shows. It's really frustrating. Any other ideas on what it could be?
Genius
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

You're talking about the Exchange ActiveSync in Accounts aren't you?Screenshot_20170113-195227.png

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Learner
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Hi, yes it's that one. Since I wrote on here I have had to go through the process another three times. It's really annoying! Thank you for trying to help x
Learner
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Hi, I have done this on lots of occasions and it's still not working, any other ideas?
Genius
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

That one is a generic Microsoft exchange. What type of email account do you have?
Genius
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

I might write up an email troubleshooting guide later. There's been a few of Microsoft help threads