account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Cannot hard reset my E4

One time poster
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Cannot hard reset my E4

Hi guys,

I just spent about 4 hours trying to hard reset my Sony Xperia E4 (E2105).  I had this phone a couple of years ago and I just found it again and wanted to use it to run Kali Linux. Of course I had forgotten the unlocking pattern as well as the Google account I used. So I started trying different methods of resetting the phone to factory state. I tried all kinds of different combinations of my buttons (power + volume up/power + volume down/ power + both volume buttons) while my phone was off as well as on. I tried using Sonys Xperia Companion, my phone wasn't recognized although I pressed the volume down button whilst connecting it (I have no idea if MTP is activated, probably not). Same goes for Sony Flashtool. I even tried to use the *#*#XX...XX#*#* code thingy (don't remember the exact numbers) from the emergency call section.

So I literally tried every single solution I found on the internet, nothing worked. I am quite mad and my only hope is this forum... If you could tell me how I can reset it, please do you would literally make my day!