account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

pre installed calendar app not working

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: pre installed calendar app not working

Hi, suggested solution does not work.

My problem is perhaps slightly different? Preinstalled calendar only syncs the default Google calendar (gmail account), no other calendars. When I press update, and every now and then in between, I get error message "Google calendar sync has stopped", which probably is why only the first (default) calendar is synced to the phone.

Note: I have the same calendar problems on three (3) Sony phones: M2 Aqua, Z1 and Z3. Have downloaded standard Google calendar app to Z3 from Google play, no difference.

Calendar works fine in two Samsung mobiles, web UI and two desktop clients (emClient and Lotus Notes/AWESync).

The fact that it doesn't work in any of my three Sony phones but works just fine everywhere else is rather disturbing, wouldn't you say? If I were Sony, I'd fix it pretty fast if I wanted to sell any phones.

One time poster
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

I have the same issue on my m2 Aqua. I tried all suggestions from google, nothing works. Dear Sony can I have some feedback please? Thanks in advance
Visitor
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

Same experience on my C4. I configured my work email and calendar (Exchange Activesync). Email and contacts work fine, but Calendar does NOT show work calendar at all. I did all the tricks like Apps--> Calendar then delete data and cache, restart phone but NO LUCK. In fact, the exchange calendar option itself does not show up when I tap the top left settings icon on the default calendar app.

THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE AND NEED A FIX/HELP WITH THIS.

Visitor
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

One update from my end: I am not able to have Exchange ActiveSync calendar working with default calendar app on my C4.. I followed the steps below... see if they help you:

1. Go to Settings-->Accounts-->Exchange ActiveSync--{your configured exchange account}

2. Tap on the top right icon (3 dots one below another)

3. Tap "Sync Now"

4. Once sync finishes, open the default calendar application to see if the Exchange calendar appointments show up or not.

5. Tap on the top left icon on calendar app (3 lines one below another)... you should see Exchange calendar as the 3rd option listed (in addition to Default Phone Calendar and Google Calendar).

Hope this helps - let me know.

~ Vinay

One time poster
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

Hi,

My Z5 premium, default calendar is totally not working. I cant even open it. How can i solve it?

This issue since day 1 i have this phone.

System is up-to-date.

Can help?

Thanks.