account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

email syncronisation.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

email syncronisation.

I deleted all my old emails off my Xperia phone and they have also been deleted from my computer.  While I want to keep a record of emails on my computer, I don't want to stock hundreds of emails on my phone, just the ones for the last few days.  I've now lost emails that I needed to keep, from the last two years, some of them were important.  Can I do anything to stop this and can I get them back?  With my old phone ( Windows) I could delete emails form my phoen without affecting my inbox on my computer.  The same applies to my Android tablet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Re: email syncronisation.

@griselda If you change the account type to POP3, the emails won't be synced with the server if you delete them on one device.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@griselda

That's how its supposed to work, if you delete an email on your phone, it gets deleted, you will have to contact the Email service and ask them to restore them.

what you have to do is change the syncing settings, so it only sync few days and not all Emails.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Which email app are you using and what email service, eg. gmail, yahoo, work, etc? If you are using the pre-installed Xperia email app you can select days to sync. In the email app click the 3 dots at the top right. Under Account settings click on the account and then Days to Sync. Select the number of days you want. Check the trash folder within the email program on your computer, the deleted email may still be in there.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Thanks - I've got them back onto the computer now, from the trash on the website, so all is well from that point of view but I  only want to keep the last few mails on my phone, not the last few hundred, but I can't delete them without, apparently, deleting them from the computer too.  This wasn't a problem at all with my old phone. I cold delete them from the phone but they stayed on the computer.  Or with my Android tablet.  

It's a 1 and 1 account.  I just wondered if there was a way of not having the phone syncing with the Live Mail inbox on the computer.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@griselda

That's how its supposed to work, if you delete them from your Email it should do the same for all devices, if it doesn't then there's a problem, with that said, just change the sync settings to one day or few days.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@griselda If you change the account type to POP3, the emails won't be synced with the server if you delete them on one device.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

View solution in original post