account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

e mail

Adept
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

e mail

Hi. When I get e mail I don't get any notifican even everything is open I checked a hundred times still nothing. If anyone knows a solution please help and thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: e mail

Is your phone on priority or silent mode?
Adept
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

No I never get notification
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Press the volume key right now, you should be able to see a pop up on the top of the screen. Is it set on silent, priority, or sound?
Adept
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Sound
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Try booting on safe mode and see if you can hear the sound notifications that way.

How to boot on safe mode.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008
Forum Legend
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Have you checked Settings then Sound and notification then enabled "When device is locked" Show all notification content or check the option for Keep notifications on lock screen untill dismissed by you etc

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

or open your email app and if default app open your email account then tap the 3 dots then settings then notification then enable Status bar notification

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adept
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I guess it is about sync. Mine was off now I opened it I will wait for it. Thanks for your help