account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

e-Mail notification PopUp

Learner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

e-Mail notification PopUp

Hi,

since last update on my Xperia Z5 I have the following problem.

Before the latest update I got notification of new e-Mail as a popup on the screen and I could mark that message as "read". Now I can only choose "delete eMail". How can I bring the feature back up to mark an eMail as read on notification again.

Thanks in adance

8 REPLIES 8
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: e-Mail notification PopUp

are you using the stock email app or 3rd party app?

does swiping the notification consider it read? i can't recall how it was done in the previous version. but if you have not modified the software and upgraded thru Xperia Companion, most likey it has been changed for the current version

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1cxhks/why_isnt_there_a_mark_as_read_option_for_gmail/

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Learner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I'm using the built-in eMail app for my emails. Unfortunately swiping does'nt mark the eMail as read. Slightly frowning Face

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

ok i tried it with mine and the notification gives me "mark read" and "reply.

here's something you need to try

go to settings>apps>email>clear data>restart your device

next set up your email account again and once you are asked to use Swipe Action click Yes,

then try to send an email to yourself. the notifcation should be the same as mine,

take note though this is tested on ANdroid 6.0 version on Xperia Z5 compact.  please update us if this worked Slightly smiling Face

________________________________________________________________________________
Forum Legend
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Screenshot_20160616-172422.png

Learner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Yes I tried to delete the cache and reinstalled the email app with my account, also agreed to use the swiping, still no change Slightly frowning Face

Forum Legend
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

on what android version are you using now? did you check the settings to see if there are toggles to enable this?

Learner
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

It's 6.0.1

I understand that when I open the eMail app itself I can swipe right or left and get these options.

It just happens at the "lock screen" when an eMail arrives. On 6.0 I could mark as read and now it's really just "delete" no other option.

Same situation on another Z5 I tried.

Pretty weird.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I have exactly the same problem as you, @Gusfraso! Everything worked fine before the update. But since I updated my phone (Z5) to 6.0.1, I can't mark my emails as read via the notifications bar anymore. But this option should still be possible, because when you go to Email >> settings >> scroll down to General, you can choose what action you want in the notification bar: delete, or mark as read. Ofcourse I have set this as 'mark as read', but the notification bar still shows the action 'delete' when I receive an email.