account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z3 default email app doesn't sync the trash folder correctly

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Z3 default email app doesn't sync the trash folder correctly

I have a Z3 and use the default email app.  I have noticed over a period of time that it does not sync the trash folder correctly with my Hotmail account.  I don't know the exact causes of the event as I have not spent that long trying to work it out, but if I clear my trash and junk folders online and then check the app half an hour later there are emails still in my trash folder.  I also think if I delete emails throughout the week from my inbox on my phone and then empty the trash folder online on a weekend, those emails remain in trash on my phone.  The inbox and sent folders seem to sync perfectly but there is either a bug with trash or it behaves differently by design that I am not aware about.

Anybody got any information on this?

Also please nobody tell me to repair my phone software.  Everything I mention to Sony the response back is to repair my phone software even after I've clearly demonstrated it's their software (such as ringtones and notifications being tied together and ascending ringtone being useless).

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Z3 default email app doesn't sync the trash folder correctly

Is your email account set up on IMAP or POP3? If it is IMAP,it will sync the emails and what is deleted from your phone,will be deleted from the server. But if you configure on POP3,it will download a copy of your mails.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

It's a Hotmail account so it's Exchange ActiveSync.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

What if you use the Gmail app instead of the Email app?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

I don't like the UI of the Gmail app or the Outlook app.

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

there are other options at the play store
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

I disabled the default email apps, as they are too specific to an email service, like Gmail for Google, Outlook client for outlook, Yahoo app for yahoo. It requires that we download multiple apps for different email services. To have everything in one place, I use K-9 Mail app, which you can install from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsck.k9&hl=en

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

@rajanv you can use other email accounts with the Gmail account

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Thanks @uliwooly I use K-9 Mail for other features too, like Android Privacy Guard. The benefits of K-9 far outweigh what the default Gmail app offers on Android devices.