account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Z3+ Email crashing after Android 6.0 install

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Z3+ Email crashing after Android 6.0 install

After I installed the Android 6.0 update my email app keeps in crashing. Often in middle of writing email but also when not using the app. Talking about the preinstalled email app. Called Sony an was advised to try the safe mode to eliminate 3rd party apps as the cause. The Sony email app keeps crashing in Safe Mode too. Any help would be welcome as this is really annoying.

Also there is other problem I observed, scrolling emails and web pages seems broken as often the page goes blank and scrolling starts from top of page again. None of this was happening before install of the update.
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Z3+ Email crashing after Android 6.0 install

@Sol3au

What if you try this 

settings > apps > all Email > clera data > restart the phone > boot on safe mode > also uninstall any antivirus 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

So far did not have email app crash but the scrolling problem continues. Also noticed my battery is draining rapidly, full charge down to 2% in 5 hrs. The phone is like a heater. Quite hot all the time. Would be useful in winter in the pocket but as a phone Android 6.0 really wrecked it.
The closest theory is that some app or apps are looping. The use of wifi is continuous (arrows next to wifi icon are on). But system monitor shows no data use. In settings the battery usage adds up to about 20% (when I add all apps % shown in the displayed list) with the other 80% not accounted for. Looks like quite a mess if you ask me.
I will disable wifi and mobil data next and see how that afftects battery usage. Is there an app which would tell me what app continuously uses data?
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@Sol3au

We'll need more info to better assist you

charge the phone 100% use it as you normally would then once the battery reaches 10%

settings > power management > battery > take screenshots of:

1. the list

2. tap on the graph and take a screenshot

3. back > tap on the top 4 items on the list > take a screenshot of each 

post them all here or upload the screenshots to box or dropbox or google drive or etc and post the link

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

So here are the screen shorts. It is better now as I discovered the cause of the very high power use and heating of the phone and the likely cause of crashing of the email (Exchange Services). But the usage % still does not add up. 90% power was used but the used % still do not add up anywhere close to 90%. It was even worse before I got rid of Exchange Services.

Screenshot_20160330-113932.pngScreenshot_20160401-154821.pngScreenshot_20160401-154834.pngScreenshot_20160401-154842.pngScreenshot_20160401-154849.pngScreenshot_20160401-154854.pngScreenshot_20160401-154902.png

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@Sol3au

You forgot to tap on the graph

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

No I did not forget. Just forgot to add the screenshot lol. Here it is. How does that help? Does it help?

Screenshot_20160401-154926.png 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@Sol3au

As you can see the network coverage its poor sometimes, but something has been keeping your phone awake most of the time and since you keep WiFi on, it also drains the battery quite fast.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

That does not explain why the battery usage % do not even add up. The stats are wrong. Which made finding the problem much harder.

Yes. Since installing Android 6.0 email was crashing and "something" was keeping my phone awake. That is sort of my point.

I tracked it down to Exchange Services push. This should be addressed by Sony.
It was working b4 the update.

Honestly, I have other things to do than debugging Sony Android build problems. But had no choice as the update turned my phone into a heater with 5 hrs run time, i.e. made it unusable.

Is Sony even reading these posts?

I think I am going to call them. There is already another problem with Bluetooth profiles.

Next time will think twice b4 I update if this is the testing standard for new builds. And support? What support? I had to help myself 😞😤
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@Sol3au

This is a user based forum, you can contact Sony directly >>> Local support

What do you think @alexdon ?