account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z3 Calender - Birthday Sync Issues

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Xperia Z3 Calender - Birthday Sync Issues

I have a Xperia Z3 Compact and use the pre-installed Calendar App from Sony. For my contacts I use my gmail account.

I have linked my Xperia and my MacBook with my gmail account and use it for all my contacts and my calendar. I have 4 out of my 70 contacts where I don't see the birthday in my calendar. All other contacts birthdays appear in all my different calendars: online (gmail), on my Xperia App and on my MacBook. But a few contacts appear only on my Macbook and Online (Google Calendar and Gmail Adressbook). Whatever I do, the won't appear on my xperia calendar app (the birthday appears in the adress book).

All settngs are the same and I found some post with workarounds, but I don't want to delete all my calendar entries for an update of my contacts.

My software and android version are up to date.

If anyone has a solution, please help. It drives my crazy!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: Xperia Z3 Calender - Birthday Sync Issues

The Google Calendar App works - but I found a solution in a different post.

Cleaning the cache:

Apps - All Apps - Calendar - Clear Cache

That worked. Now all Birthdays are correct!

3 REPLIES 3
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

The Google Calendar App works - but I found a solution in a different post.

Cleaning the cache:

Apps - All Apps - Calendar - Clear Cache

That worked. Now all Birthdays are correct!

Commissioner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I can confirm this kind of problem after upgrading to Android 5.0.2 - in the calender widget, the birthdays are not shown! Sync is correct an in the calender i can see the entries but not in the widget - is this a bug?
Greetings,

SirRobin