account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Unfortunately. Exchange service has stopped!

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Unfortunately. Exchange service has stopped!

I am no longer able to sync anything from my Outlook.comaccount. All I get is that message about stopping the Exchange service. I did clear accounts, email and calendar data. I reset the email service and cleared all the accounts I had. For some reason everything works fine - I am able to sync my Gmail, my school account, my yahoo account. But my outlook account won't sync. I'm using Xperia z and have been facing this issue over a month now.

It is extremely annoying because I am not able to use the phone in the way I've done so far.
Is anyone having an idea how to solve it?
18 REPLIES 18
Emperor
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: Unfortunately. Exchange service has stopped!

@AshiD

what if you add your outlook account to the Gmail app (you can add none gmail apps) ?

or

download the Outlook app?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

I had to download the outlook app:/
But then if I sync my phone calender to Outlook
I can't do it
This is just a work around
Not the solution to my problem :/
Visitor
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

It is extremely annoying because I am not able to use the phone in the way I've done so far.
Commissioner
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

Hi AshiD

Welcome to the community.

When you say you have cleared app data which apps have you done that to? Have you tried clearing the app data of Exchange service? If that is the application that is throwing up the error message go to Settings > Apps > All, find the problematic app itself and try that.

Otherwise in regards to syncing with your outlook.com account I would suggest making sure that you have the correct incoming and outgoing server settings. More precise information can be found here.

Visitor
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

I cleared the app data for exchange services and email.
The same account was working fine since a year or so. Suddenly one fine day I get this weird error.
Commissioner
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

I would suggest removing the email account in question from the handset then sign back in but instead of letting it sign itself in choose Manual Setup and use the incoming and outgoing server settings outlines in the link above. If it is a corporate Exchange Activesync account contact your service provider and they should be able to provide you with the correct server setting. 

Give that a try and keep us posted. Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

Tried that already!
It didn't work either. It is a normal outlook.com account :/
Genius
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

Hi @AshiD

Please, can you tell us which version of Android OS is your device running? Does this issue start after installing an update in your Xperia device?

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Visitor
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

Android version 5.1.1
Build number 10.7.A.0.222
I have no idea about the fact that it started without the update or not