account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Signed and Encrypted Mail Showing Up Blank in Sent Mail Folder

One time poster
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Signed and Encrypted Mail Showing Up Blank in Sent Mail Folder

I’m a first time owner of a Sony phone and I’m—so far—delighted to have an e-mail app that finally works with my host. I’m also thrilled that it has S/MIME support readily exposed and not too difficult to use.

My only gripe is that I must CC myself when sending signed and/or encrypted e-mails. If I don’t do that, I will not have the original copy of the e-mail on the server. It’s quite perplexing, because I can see the e-mail I just sent on the phone just fine, but when I navigate to the same e-mail using a desktop client such as Mozilla Thunderbird or using the webmail app provided by my host, I can only see the e-mail’s headers. There is neither a body nor attachments. This incorrect behavior would have led to me losing quite a few important e-mails if I were not merely testing the app.

If I use Mozilla Thunderbird to send signed and/or encrypted e-mail, it correctly uploads the sent e-mail verbatim. And viewing the source for the e-mail shows the e-mail’s headers with the accompanying encrypted body and/or signature.