account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

S/MIME Encryption

Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

S/MIME Encryption

Hey,

i have a problem with the S/MIME Support of the Sony Mail App. I can add priv. certificates to the system storage and then to the mail app. After that in the 'New Mail' Screen theres a option for 'Encription' and 'Sign'. I can tick them but on my first test account he told me that the public key for the recipient is missed when I try to encrypt the mail, but I dont know how I can import the publics. The .p7s signature files are not supported, it seems. On the other acc the mail is send but I cant load the encrypted mail. Theres only a white screen and the lock is shown. When I only sign the mails both acccounts send the mail but after opening he told me that the digital signature could not be certified. With Thunderbird and Windows this all works. Even with the encrypted mails from the mail app. Whats there wrong?

Sincerely,

Levin

2 REPLIES 2
Genius
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: S/MIME Encryption

Hi @levinus

Perhaps this can help you:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.thialfihar.android.apg
http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-note-2/240305-email-problems.html

I´m at disposal for any question.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: S/MIME Encryption

Hey,
thanks for your answer. I would like to find a solution for this inside the Mail App and not with an 3rd party app.
And for the second link: Theyre talking about a Problem with private Keys, I think my problem is more one with public keys. On one of the screens in the Forum at the link you can see the Samsung Mail App. Theres one option for managing Public Keys. In the Sony Mail App something is completely missing.