account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Outlook as Standard Synchronization in Xperia Contacts and Calendar

One time poster
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

Outlook as Standard Synchronization in Xperia Contacts and Calendar

I don't know if this is the rigt board, but I have a problem with the Sony Xperia Contacts App:

New contacts are always automatically synced with my Google Account. But I want them synchronized with my outlook.com Account. I installed the Microsoft Email App "Outlook.com" and the contacts are synchronized, but I want new contacts automatically synchronized with outlook.com. I have only the options "Google", "Only on the device" and "Sim Card".

Does there exist any solution for my problem?

Thanks in advance.

20 REPLIES 20
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

Re: Outlook as Standard Synchronization in Xperia Contacts and Calendar

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I tested this here and it seems it's not possible to add contacts using thr Outlook.com app.

What you can do is to add the account as an ActiveSync account instead under Settings -> Accounts.

Enter your email address and password, use manual setup and enter m.hotmail.com as server address.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

I like to revive this topic.

I came from windows phone and don´t want to leave outlook.com for gmail. But until today I didn´t find a proper way to get mails, contacts and calendars synced properly. I took the detour with the outlook.com app, but one of the problems then is what "myname" decribed. I am not able to add a new contact to outlook.com within the contact app.

With release of the gmail 5.0 I thought, it might get better... I added the outlook.com account as exchange (latest exchange services are installed), but only a few calender appointments and none of my contacts are synced. E-Mail is working fine though. Whatever server name I use, it is always dub404-m.hotmail.com in the end. And that´s not working.

Is there anyone out there with a working outlook.com exchange account on an android phone?

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

I have a brand-new Xperia Z5 Compact with a calendar/Outlook problem.

All calendar events created on Outlook (2011 for Mac) download to the native Calendar app with an incorrect time zone (e.g., an 8 a.m. appointment is saved as 2 a.m.), no matter whether it's a repeating event or one occurrence only.

These events work fine when I email them to other people with different systems. The phone software is up to date.

On the E5823 I cannot delete the native Calendar so I can't reinstall it. And for some reason, it doesn't show up in Settings > Apps, so I can't clear the cache, etc. 

Suggestions? 

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

I should note that even when I go into calendar and change the time of an appointment, it still saves in the wrong time zone.

FRUSTRATING! Anguished Face

@PHM69 wrote:

I have a brand-new Xperia Z5 Compact with a calendar/Outlook problem.

All calendar events created on Outlook (2011 for Mac) download to the native Calendar app with an incorrect time zone (e.g., an 8 a.m. appointment is saved as 2 a.m.), no matter whether it's a repeating event or one occurrence only.

These events work fine when I email them to other people with different systems. The phone software is up to date.

On the E5823 I cannot delete the native Calendar so I can't reinstall it. And for some reason, it doesn't show up in Settings > Apps, so I can't clear the cache, etc. 

Suggestions? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

It sounds like the phones calendar, the phone, your computer and Outlook is not set to the same time zone.

First check so that you have the correct time zone in the phone under Settings -> Date & time -> Select time zone (you may need to disable Automatic time zone in this menu first).

Then check the phones calendar from Calendar -> [menu] (3 dots) -> Settings -> Use home time zone (normally this should be disabled).

If these are correct, please check the time zone settings in your computer and Outlook as well.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

Thank you, Rickard.

But I have checked the Xperia's time zone and time (both auto and manual), the Calendar's, and that of my Mac's internal clock and Outlook.

All are set to Eastern. And still when I import a noon appointment, Calendar shows it as 7 a.m.

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

@PHM69 wrote:

Thank you, Rickard.

But I have checked the Xperia's time zone and time (both auto and manual), the Calendar's, and that of my Mac's internal clock and Outlook.

All are set to Eastern. And still when I import a noon appointment, Calendar shows it as 7 a.m.

Interestingly, my Xperia Z3 compact Tablet does exactly the same thing. It's as if they're both stuck on the same time zone, in spite of what they're set to.

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

@PHM69 wrote:

@PHM69 wrote:

Thank you, Rickard.

Interestingly, my Xperia Z3 compact Tablet does exactly the same thing. It's as if they're both stuck on the same time zone, in spite of what they're set to.

One final piece of the puzzle: Imported events show in local time — in the edit window, they note they're "GMT-5:00", in other words, the imported event appointment is considered to be in UTC (Zulu or Greenwich Mean Time). 

But where's that coming from?

Inhabitant
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

Rickard, here's a screenshot of what I mean. Outlook sent the flights in EST, and somewhere Calendar seems to have converted them to GMT, then re-converts them (for the reminders) into EST. The image on the left has the correct EST time, the one on the right shows the Calendar display, with the time the reminders are set for. Weird, no?.

Screenshot_2016-01-23-11-14-29.pngScreenshot_2016-01-23-11-24-30.png