account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

(No) Reminder in Calendar

Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

(No) Reminder in Calendar

Hi, since last update of Xperia Calendar (couple of months ago), I can not add an event without a reminder. I have set the default setting to 'No Reminder'. When I make an event it says: add an reminder (or something similar, I have got the Dutch version). That's good, it means no reminder. But as soon as I save the event, a reminder is set to 0 min. Then I need to open the event again and need to change the reminder by unchecking the 0 min and save it again (nothing checked, strangely enough the option 'No Reminder' doesn't appear in this menu). After that it will say: 'add a reminder' (as before) but this time it will stay.

If I put the default on say 5 min, it will put the reminder on 5 min, as it should but it doesn't work with 'No Reminder'. In the previous version this worked well. It is just annoying after making an event to re-open it again after saving to reset the reminder.... Hope this bug can be solved.

Arjan

5 REPLIES 5
Learner
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: (No) Reminder in Calendar

Hmm.... am I the only one having this problem?

Arjan

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

hi, see if your problem is anything similar to this:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/E-mail-Calendar/Calednar-do-not-show-description/td-p/1232652/jump-to...

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Learner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Sorry for my late response. I was quite busy lately. No, I do not recognize the problem in the other thread, neither did I find a hint to any solution. I can not see how the other problem was fixed, however it seems to be different. It is that I just do not want a reminder, which not seems to be possible anymore, despite the default setting: 'No Reminder'.

My version of Calendar is 20.1.A.1.27, Android 6.0.1.

Arjan

Regular
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Same problem on Z3. I used it for a while with reminders set off, but since that I found other bugs as well, so now I'm with Google Calendar. Xperia app wasn't updated since 2016, I guess they dropped their own app. 

Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@silves wrote:

Hi, since last update of Xperia Calendar (couple of months ago), I can not add an event without a reminder. I have set the default setting to 'No Reminder'. When I make an event it says: add an reminder (or something similar, I have got the Dutch version). That's good, it means no reminder. But as soon as I save the event, a reminder is set to 0 min. Then I need to open the event again and need to change the reminder by unchecking the 0 min and save it again (nothing checked, strangely enough the option 'No Reminder' doesn't appear in this menu). After that it will say: 'add a reminder' (as before) but this time it will stay.

If I put the default on say 5 min, it will put the reminder on 5 min, as it should but it doesn't work with 'No Reminder'. In the previous version this worked well. It is just annoying after making an event to re-open it again after saving to reset the reminder.... Hope this bug can be solved.

Arjan

Need to add an entry and then uncheck the default reminder

https://youtu.be/5ABd8sN8Euc

Screenshot_20180121-114344.png

Screenshot_20180121-114006.pngScreenshot_20180121-114055.pngScreenshot_20180121-113644.pngScreenshot_20180121-113651.png 

or just disable them completely

Screenshot_20180121-114721.png Screenshot_20180121-114912.pngScreenshot_20180121-115456.png

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/E-mail-Calendar/No-Reminder-in-Calendar/m-p/1295297#M2179