account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Emails deleted on phone, not on server

Learner
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Emails deleted on phone, not on server

When I delete an email in the Sony mail app (swipe right, press-and-hold, or from reading email view) it is moved to the trash folder on the phone but nothing happens on the server.

Happens in both IMAP accounts and Exchange account.

Happens in Sony mail app - not in BlueMail (update since original post.)

Xperia Z5 Compact, Android 6.0.1.

Any suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Emails deleted on phone, not on server

You need to go into the settings for that account and near the bottom there is an option called "delete from server" tick it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

@viridis:  Haven't seen any option like that, neither for IMAP nor Exchange. Isn't that a POP3 option?

Btw, after more experiments it appears that BlueMail does indeed delete emails. So this seems to be an issue with Sony mail.

Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

The best option is to move to BlieMail, but if you dont.. Download the official app (aka gmail doenload the gmail app . )

Goole luck
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Hi HenrikU,

Welcome to the community,

I have tested on my device and this works without an issue, are you making sure to refresh your emails on the phone after removing them regardless of the Push settings.

Simply swipe the screen down to get the loading symbol and then it should be removed from the server.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

I'm having the same problem with an account (email from www.bol.com.br).
But I don't have problem with a Gmail account.

I tested with Gmail App and both accounts works properly.

Email 12.0.A.0.13

Apprentice
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

I'm using xperia XZ with newest firmware and I have the same problem with mail app.
Messages deleted through the app stay in place and even multiple refreshes don't change a thing, the same messages are displayed as unseen when accessed through web client.
I used inbuilt mail app on my previous xperia Z and everything was working perfectly.
Could you check what is happening?
Everything is setup perfectly and yet the app doesn't seem to be working as is should.
Visitor
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

I can definitely confirm the described issue as well. At the moment, I cannot delete any emails with the standard email app provided by Sony. I'm using an Xperia Z5 Compact with latest Firmware. Email app is of version 12.0.A.0.12. Interestingly, my wife is also encountering the same issue with the standard app provided by Samsung. We both use the apps for dealing with several email accounts.

I just guess that there is an error in the imap synchronisation of the underlying standard email app that is provided by google and modified by the vendors. Moreover, I assume that emails are marked as deleted, but somehow not transferred to trash bin.

Sony support, can please affirm and respond to this issue quickly. Thx

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

so, nothing has changed for months

sony, are you serious to just ignore this problem? why is this one called a "support forum"? seriously?

One time poster
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

It's 2018 and this problem still isn't fixed.