account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails Not Arriving

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Emails Not Arriving

I have a problem with the email application on my phone Sony XZ, I have some emails, which normally are sent to me daily, are not coming through on my phone and are not going to the junk folder either, but they are going to the same email address on my home computer. Can someone please tell me how to access mail rules on the sony xz. The problem is oinly with one hotmail email address. thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Re: Emails Not Arriving

@HavingTroubles In that case I'd recommend that you remove the account from your device, then add it again. This can be done in Settings > Accounts & sync > Email > select account > tap the three dots and select remove.

After adding the account again you can try sending an email to yourself from the phone to see if it arrives.

- Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

6 REPLIES
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi @HavingTroubles, sorry to hear this.

Do you know if you added the email account on your PC as a POP3 or IMAP account?

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Use Gmail
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Christofer wrote:

Hi @HavingTroubles, sorry to hear this.

Do you know if you added the email account on your PC as a POP3 or IMAP account?

I use windows 10 default mail programon my pc, all you have to do is enter email address and password and it sets it up for you.I would imagine it would be an imap

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@HavingTroubles I'm very sorry about the late reply.

Have you set up rules on your PC that automatically moves these emails to a folder other than the inbox? Also, are you able to send emails from this account on your phone?

Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I have no rules for moving emails to certain folders on my pc. The only exceptions i have created is for spam where i block the sender. I have not blocked any of my contaccts all inconing email goes to inbox. I can send emails on my phone from this email address but i do have other emails both hotmail and pop3 accounts that wont send from my phone.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

@HavingTroubles In that case I'd recommend that you remove the account from your device, then add it again. This can be done in Settings > Accounts & sync > Email > select account > tap the three dots and select remove.

After adding the account again you can try sending an email to yourself from the phone to see if it arrives.