account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

E-mail bug related to password change

Veteran
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

E-mail bug related to password change

Hello. 

I found a bug related to e-mail application. Imagine such a situation:

1. I have e-mail account setup on Xperia, using it, basicalky it works fine

2. I am changing the password in a windows (for any reason, but fact is password was changed).

3. I am trying to refresh the status of e-mail account on Xperia device so that I am getting "Unable to connect" notification (aorange color), which is correct. Full message says: check your password, login or clients account certificate for 'account name'.

4. I click the arrow icon next to notification.

5. New "Unable to login" message appears. It says: user's account or password for 'account name'  is not correct. Do you want to update it now?

6. I click "ok" because I want to update my password but unfortunately nothing happens. Pop-up just disappear without redirecting me to e-mail account credentials so that I could correct it.

Can this be fixed?

Note I am using Xprria XZ Premium with latest Oreo build.

E-mail app version: 13.0.F.0.20.

Thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: E-mail bug related to password change

use an app password for the email provider

almost all the email providers are making 2FA/multifactor mandatory now

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Veteran
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

NeoBeum I think you did not get it. 

The issue is not that I forgot the password. The issue is that notification in Sony's email app asks me if I want to go and correct my login/password credentials.

I click "yes" and NOTHING HAPPENS. 

Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

delete the account and set it up using an app password

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I'm having the same problem after the recent update, woke up this morning with my XZ1 saying "could not log in" so I deleted the account, went to the app cleared data, force stop and tried to reconfigure the email now it wont even take my password for some reason definitely an update bug.

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@GCS88wrote:

I'm having the same problem after the recent update, woke up this morning with my XZ1 saying "could not log in" so I deleted the account, went to the app cleared data, force stop and tried to reconfigure the email now it wont even take my password for some reason definitely an update bug.

have you both tried adding the account to the gmail app?

try that - if that works - disable the gmail app, then go to settings » apps, show system apps, 

look for "exchange services" - is there 1 or 2 exchange apps? 

what version is it?

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Seems like this is going to be a recurring error, I tried to enter my details to Gmail and once it worked i thought of re-entering my android mail account and it took my details this time... very strange.

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I heard on a grape vine that some Sony apps are starting to use Google framework for things...

get ready for messy

by the way, is there only one "exchange services" app?