account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Delete incorrect email suggestion from Email 12.0.A.0.64

Visitor
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Delete incorrect email suggestion from Email 12.0.A.0.64

I've been trying all sort of ways to resolve this and run out of ideas.

I once made an error when sending an email, where the keyboard input a space on the address, i.e. "service. desk@company.com." Now every time I type this address in, it automatically uses the incorrect suggestion, which is incredibly frustrating as I use this address often.

I have tried:

- Deleting and re-adding the accoun on the client.

- Purging all the storage within app settings.

- Creating a contact with the correct email address in it.

- Scoring the settings for things that look like the right thing to do.

There has to be a way to purge the suggestions but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
Visitor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Delete incorrect email suggestion from Email 12.0.A.0.64

Sorry, Z5 compact, BTW if that's makes a difference.

Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

@Edmontagu

Did you get this email suggested from your Keyboard or from the email client?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

From the client itself. I start typing and it lists suggestions directly underneath the text box.

Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

@Edmontagu

Then most probably the email client itself (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc) has added the wrong address automatically to its auto-saving contacts list, not the app's addition. Can you try visiting the "Contacts" tab in the email provider you're using and check if it's there?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

I'm using exchange activesync to my corporate account. I've checked using outlook on my PC and it doesn't come up as an incorrect suggestion there

Visitor
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Double checked local phone contacts and on exchange with no correlation. It's as though the client is remembering that it's sent an email to this address in the past and keeps bringing it up as a suggestion

Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@Edmontagu

Did you try the "Clear email history" from the app settings?

Visitor
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Yep, just tried again for posterity. No change.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi, I have the same problem. Was a solution ever found for you? My husband has changed jobs so has a new email but obviously it starts identically to the old one as it's his name. I've deleted the old one from the phone & from my Outlook account but still it suggests it & sometimes I send to that one in error which is embarrassing. Thanks.