account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Changing from address on default email client

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Changing from address on default email client

Hi folks,

New poster here.  Can anyone help me to change the "from" email address on the native email client on my Xperia Z5 compact?

I download email from a mailbox hosted with the company that runs my company's website.  The mailbox has an email address, but I use a different email alias which appears as the "from" address on email sent from my desktop.

My Xperia is linked to the same account, but when I send mail from my phone the email address is that of my mailbox and I can't seem to find a way to change it to the alias!  This means that reply emails to messages sent from my phone go only to my phone, instead of to my desktop and phone.

I've looked through all the settings, but I can't find anything that allows me to enter an alias.  Can anyone help?

Best wishes,

HP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Changing from address on default email client

Hi @HungryPigeon

Perhaps this link can be useful for you:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/E-mail-Calendar/email-alias/m-p/963733#M214

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @HungryPigeon

Perhaps this link can be useful for you:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/E-mail-Calendar/email-alias/m-p/963733#M214

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Whilst it's frustrating to hear, at least it proves I'm not a complete numpty!

Thanks very much for your help.

Best wishes,

HP

Genius
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi @HungryPigeon

You are welcome and I´m at disposal for any question.

Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

A solution is not a solution when Sony provide you with software which does not handle your problem.  A solution is when Sony fix the problem in a software release. My phone has been receiving software updates for years now and still the problem has not been fixed.  The e-mail software needs to be changed to handle alias accounts.  My old HTC was able to do it.  If Sony wishes that you download a 3rd party solution, why do they still release thier imperfect software with new phones. They should just suggest people should consider buying an HTC phone for their next upgrade.  As Sony e-mail accounts will not handle alias addresses so that you can maintain continuity as things beyond your control change around you.

Why is it that Sony don't understand how important alias accounts are an important thing is this ever changing world?