account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't synchronise my e-mail with my new XZ2

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Can't synchronise my e-mail with my new XZ2

Hello,

Please need some advice. I have been trying to synchronise my e-mail account with the new XZ2. I started with my @gmail.com and got a reply "could not open connection to server"???. I tried using my Google account to log in and that was successfull. I then proceeded with adding another account and that failed despite several attempts, including manual option, getting the same message as with the initial attempt to synchronise gmail.com. I have contacted my account helpdesk and checked all the details but that did not helped either. Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Jurek

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't synchronise my e-mail with my new XZ2

Hi I'm having the same issue atm. Did you get it sorted for yourself ? If so could you help me please. 

One time poster
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can't synchronise my e-mail with my new XZ2

Hi,

Yes, the problem has been sorted out very recently but the issue was not with my XZ2. It turned out to be a security setting on my account. The administrator informed me that for a better security they have blocked sync requests from some countries and I happened to be in such a "blocked" country. They have suggested I forward all my mail to gmail.com or any other e-mail account which was already synchronised with my phone. It works for me.

I hope this helps. Kind regards, J