account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can not install my e-mail accounts

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Can not install my e-mail accounts

Hi, just bought a new XZ2. When I open the "Mail" app I can install my G-mail account ok. Now I try to install my 2 other accounts but the "mail-app" will not accept them. I know I have all info OK but XZ2 everytime says connection to server denied. Rootcertificate not guilty and can not validated identity.

Both e-mail accounts work perfect in my old XA.

Please advise what to do

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: Can not install my e-mail accounts

I have the same issue on my xperia z1 since two years till nowadeys. I just cannot log into my gmail account from email app by SONY. As SONY user i really hope a solution inmediately because I really love their products and I've still being using their products 'couse they are really unique. 

3 REPLIES 3
Pioneer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

I'm afraid I cannot help you in this matter.

First you may start testing of you can set up mail on other apps.

Are you able to set it up on the Outlook app or on the Gmail app?

IMO especially the Outlook app is worth considering for future use.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I have the same issue on my xperia z1 since two years till nowadeys. I just cannot log into my gmail account from email app by SONY. As SONY user i really hope a solution inmediately because I really love their products and I've still being using their products 'couse they are really unique. 

Apprentice
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

It was no problem to install in G-mail App, but after several attemps I also got it to work in the "Mail" App except for one account but I have dropped that one. So case is now closed for me. Thanks for taking part.

@Berner wrote: