account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Calendar doesn't set events since update to Android 7.0

SOLVED
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Calendar doesn't set events since update to Android 7.0

Calendar app did pick up events from a backup after the update, but when I make a new event nothing sticks — it says "Creating event" but then there's nothing there, after repeated tries. So basically Calendar is now useless.

It also doesn't give me the option of saving to device or saving to Google calendar (which I don't use).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Calendar doesn't set events since update to Android 7.0

Hi @PHM69, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Are you using the inbuilt Xperia calender application or are you using another calender application in your phone and which account are the events from your backup saved to?

If you are using the Xperia calender application, start the application as normal and tap the 3 lines in the top left corner. In the bottom part of this menu you will see all calenders in your phone (this may vary between accounts, I have device calender and Google). Make sure that the checkbox next to the calenders are marked and is checked.

When you have done this, go back the standard view of the calender and tap the plus sign to create a new event. At the top of this new menu you should see the following menu.

calender1.JPG

And if you tap on "Default account" "Device calender" this menu will be shown, where you can choose which account the event will be created on.calender2.JPG

It does sound like the event is being created, however the calender account the event is being created on is not filtered to be shown in the calender application.

Let me know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @PHM69, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Are you using the inbuilt Xperia calender application or are you using another calender application in your phone and which account are the events from your backup saved to?

If you are using the Xperia calender application, start the application as normal and tap the 3 lines in the top left corner. In the bottom part of this menu you will see all calenders in your phone (this may vary between accounts, I have device calender and Google). Make sure that the checkbox next to the calenders are marked and is checked.

When you have done this, go back the standard view of the calender and tap the plus sign to create a new event. At the top of this new menu you should see the following menu.

calender1.JPG

And if you tap on "Default account" "Device calender" this menu will be shown, where you can choose which account the event will be created on.calender2.JPG

It does sound like the event is being created, however the calender account the event is being created on is not filtered to be shown in the calender application.

Let me know how it goes!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thank you, Jonas.

The Xperia calendar is now working. Before I followed your instructions, I didn't get the grey bar at the top showing "Default account" but now I do and the events show up.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

You're welcome and I'm glad to hear that its working again so you can use the Calender application! Slightly smiling Face

Let me know if there is anything else and have a great weekend!