account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Active Sync Problem - slow push

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Re: Active Sync Problem - slow push

Hi

I have same issue, using sony z3 compact for work emails along with office365 via Vodafone uk. active exchange and i get delays up to 40mins.

latest OS Andriod ver.5.0.2, very annoying as i contacted sony and i dont think they know how to fix it, they just suggested me to clear cache in exchange app, then try repair phone. did all of it and still issues.

the thing is it works ok on Samsung Galaxy S5 with andriod ver 5.

does anyone else have any ideas they could share on this.

Dont get me wrong the Sony phone is nice peice of kit, but if we cant fix it we have to roll over to Samsung Galaxy S5 as ive tested this device and it works, max 2min delay if that.

with technology theses days our company need devices that can deliver to our time sensitive push needs.

David

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

Hi I have the same problem with slow(no) push form my emails.  I have a microsoft account which is for work and can not recieve emails without first opening inbox.  Very annoying!  Can you help please?

Rookie
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

Same issue here on brand new Z3+ with 28.0.A.7.24.

My other phone (Samsung S4) receives gmails notifications instantly.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

The same problem here...
The same email rings in my old.iphone instantlay, while with the Z3 it comes 40 min later...
I gotta keep refreshing the emails by pres-hold, them slide... Someimes i gotta do it individually for each of my email accounts.
I honestly start thinking getting the 6+ for this same reason!!
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

yeah. this is the email app issue. my Z2 (from 4.4.2 to 5.1.1) always get no push or delayed push. horrible!  I have to use 3rd party typemail (used to be bluemail), no push issue at all. but I just do not like 3rd party app for my important email. I can not believe it the issue still not be fixed for years and all xpeira users have this issue.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

Hi Sony,

I have the same issue, the email push is very slow on my Experia Z2.

I use iPhone and Z2 at the same time.

On Z2, I tried to use both Gmail App and K9 (with or without Stamina mode, including Stamina white list, Android 4 and 5), but the email push is always slow.

It seems that other people using different devices like Samsung don't have this issue.

Could you please seriously check and investigate it?

We choose Experia because of its build quality, but this seems a very big problem!! And I have to consider if we should buy another Experia in the future!

Note: Email Push on iPhone is very good, stable and reliable!

Highlighted
Learner
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

I've got to add my name to this also ! I never used KK on my Z3c but it was OK on the 5.0 LP update then upon the 5.1.1 update, this is what snarled things for me so I have to manually update.. and it's became irritating, very.
Highlighted
Learner
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

Hopefully M will sort it???