account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Accessing ALL emails on Xperia Email

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Accessing ALL emails on Xperia Email

I seem to be able to access my Hotmail emails on Email, but cannot find out how to access my Gmail ones on it. Meanwhile, the number of Gmail ones is building up and although I have deleted them on my Gmail app, their number is gradually building up on the Email app. How do I access them there, please? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Re: Accessing ALL emails on Xperia Email

you can set up the gmail account in about 30 seconds, watch the video in the pinned tutorial post, and it will guide you for the account setup using app passwords instead of your standard account password

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

@Argy1948

Are you able to access your Gmail through the Gmail app?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Yes, but after I've deleted emails on Outlook app and on Gmail app and on Xperia Email app, Email app still shows me as having other emails on Email, but it is not showing them. 

Emperor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@Argy1948

How often are you syncing the app?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

I'm a novice. I didn't know I had to. 

Adviser
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

I just checked. It synced that one at 20:33, and since then probably it has got rid of the surplus ones. Thanks. Bye. 

Emperor
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

@Argy1948

Check the email settings and look for 

Delete email from server 

you will get options: 

Never 

or

When I delete from Inbox

Adviser
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

OK. Thanks again. 

Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

you can set up the gmail account in about 30 seconds, watch the video in the pinned tutorial post, and it will guide you for the account setup using app passwords instead of your standard account password

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

I Can't Configure my AOL email with My Xperia Email, I recently buy a Handset and internet is acessable now. I easily acess my email in browser but how to Configure My Aol Email With Xperia App. I try too many times but i can't do. I try to talk with Aol Customer Service but they can't fix this issue. Please Suggest me how to do this.