account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Theme Creator forum. 

If you have a question, search the forum to see if the answer is already available, or post your question or comment in a new thread.

Provide template with non-PSD format

Talent
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Provide template with non-PSD format

It looks that user need to have Adobe PhotoShop for exporting these template images to PNG files.

https://developer.sony.com/develop/smartphones-and-tablets/theme-creator/how-to-create-a-theme/

Adobe PhotoShop is a very expensive software, not everyone have theis software.

Could plaese provide a exported PNG images set for the user that doesn't have own PhotoShop?

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Provide template with non-PSD format

http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-JPG-to-PNG

http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-png

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

The problem is:

these PSD files required special operation to export, and can't use general way to convert format.

One PSD will export as multiple PNG files with special file names.

I also have some software can open PSD file (like Corel PhotoImapct), but can't find any way to do the same thing.

Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

I'll look into it, there might be a way around it

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

By the way, in my own test, even using Adobe PhotoShop CS6, the export operation need high-end PC.

For some large PSD file, the export operation will use more than 10GB memory...

If the memory is not large enough, the operation will very, very slow...

Developer World
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

One thing that could speed up things, if you just want to play around now, is to open the theme project using the "essential resources" option. The templates are smaller in size than the "complete resources" option. It mostly contains xxhdpi density bucket resources which tend to be more than sufficient for most needs, and less maintenance for you.

But if you find that you need to provide a very specific sized resource (bec you see in your tests on the different devices that the Android platform does not scale your xxhdpi resource too nicely), then open the theme project using "complete resources" to get all the different size combination resources that fit the Xperia devices in the portfolio to work with those templates.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Hi there

To minimize the problems with large photoshop files, please have a look at this post.

Do you know any image editing software that can produce custom images from pre-defined slices, and save them with a specific filename? Just like Photoshop....

Please let us know your suggestions and prefered image editing programs. Slightly smiling Face

DBS
Regular
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Corel's PaintShop Pro works just like PhotoShop. It's the editing program I prefer, starting with the absence of a subscription based service which is an annoyance and alienates a lot of users.

So I'd really like to see support for Corel's PaintShop Pro.

Visitor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

DESIGN

Dear SONY XPERIA manufacturers, I really like Your products, their technical characteristics.
BUT, already two years have been to use smartphones from other manufacturers.
REASONS WHY IT HAPPENED.
1. Volume rocker.
In earlier versions it was under your index finger or thumb and is easy to touch could manage it
Now to find it difficult to manage without removing the smartphone from ear impossible.
CHANGE ITS POSITION AND INCREASE ITS SIZE.
2. The on button.
Was also not under your fingers.
You can CHANGE the LOCATION at any of the top sides or up.
3. The control buttons.
The perfect solution was in NEO three mechanical buttons.
RETURN MECHANICAL BUTTONS, because there is no such option neither one competitor
IT WILL BE YOUR TRADEMARK.
4. Support (micro SD).
Recently removed support micro SD
RETURN the SUPPORT of micro SD.
5. Dimensions.
Not everyone including me, like BIG smartphones.
Me more acceptable 4-4,7" but not at the expense of technical parameters.
And the fields around the screen should be minimal, 1-2mm from the sides and 8-10mm the top and bottom.
6. BATTERY
I think that there is no need to chase the thickness of smartphones, and reducing the battery itself. Optimal thickness 8-10mm yet to have a battery able to work 2-3 days without recharging.
7. DESIGN
Design everything is fine. only add on front and rear side 4 pimples at the corners to provide a minimum clearance when the phone is lying on a flat surface to avoid scratching.
VERY ORIGINAL W995 WAS IN folding stand.
MAKE something SIMILAR, and connect it to the FM antenna.

I HOPE YOU WILL CONSIDER MY WISHES.

AND YOUR GADGETS WILL NOT BE EQUAL.

MANY including I'd love to be the lucky winner.